Cards Mold/"Tina" Alibaba Ceramics Master Consolidated Info Thread (11 Viewers)

Checking again, any GBs going on that I can join?
I know many of us that participated in the first one are interested in getting more chips, but are in a bit of a holding pattern as we wait to see how much longer it's going to take to receive all the chips that have been ordered. Additionally we are waiting to see some more comparisons of the chips from the original seller (Tina & company) to the chips from the second seller, who appears to be able to deliver MUCH faster. This second seller from whom a large order placed in January, has already delivered chips that are already being received by the buyers. Some of us from the first GB placed in August (I think?) are still waiting on chips, as well as the large new China Club order placed in November early December.

Last edited:
Just to reiterate... if people want chips and are completely lost here, I am willing to help anyone organize and execute a group buy from the logistics and ordering standpoint. It’s the payment and delivery and reship side that I am limited on.

Last edited:
Also, update to the Taj tribute design. Available for non exclusive use for cards mold sets with a donation to Make A Wish Foundation. Denoms, inlays, etc. are customizable.

76B33FD8-C614-495E-810A-1F33EC35B86E.png

So if I wanted a fully custom Card Mold set and wanted to get started with the colors and spot progressions, would I start designing chips with the CPC design tool or something else?

So if I wanted a fully custom Card Mold set and wanted to get started with the colors and spot progressions, would I start designing chips with the CPC design tool or something else?

You'd want to use something like Adobe Ilustrator or Inkscape

You'd want to use something like Adobe Ilustrator or Inkscape
I would have assumed that was only for the inlay graphics but maybe that's an incorrect assumption. I'll need to use AI or inkscape for the colors and spots also? I just want to confirm since I'm not sure I know how to use AI for spots.

If a new group buy with the new distributer (Anita) I would be in for more

I would have assumed that was only for the inlay graphics but maybe that's an incorrect assumption. I'll need to use AI or inkscape for the colors and spots also? I just want to confirm since I'm not sure I know how to use AI for spots.
Yes you would need to use it for the spots as well. Since the ceramics are just a canvas for printing a picture, the edge spots are part of the artwork. There are some great free templates floating around that have all sorts of edge spot combos you could use.

For those that have Card mold chips that have hit the felt, what is the durability like? Do they dent, chip or scratch? Does its seem like they will have longevity on the felt?

Reactions: DRG
For those that have Card mold chips that have hit the felt, what is the durability like? Do they dent, chip or scratch? Does its seem like they will have longevity on the felt?
Note that these chips started arriving during Covid so a lot of people who have them like me haven’t played with them much at all. But they are ceramics so they are going to be more durable than clay or plastic chips from the standpoint of chipping or breaking outright. The possible durability concerns would be the print fading or from “spinners” (surface wears down to the point that the chips slip against each other). The print quality is good and I doubt we will see serious fading from home play. The jury is out on the spinner issue although I would see these as no different from any other ceramics.

@SeanGecko has owned these the longest. He bought his first set prior to the big GB and I believe he has put them in play and has commented positively regarding their use and durability over at least a short period of use.

@SeanGecko has owned these the longest. He bought his first set prior to the big GB and I believe he has put them in play and has commented positively regarding their use and durability over at least a short period of use.
Oh good point. Also, did anyone ever actually receive their Aces chips from Bosco? Or were those only samples?

I have used mine 2 times a month(or more) since I got them
They are great, no wear issues as of yet
no fading

and I plan on buying a tourney set that I am putting together now

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom