Cards Mold/"Tina" Alibaba Ceramics Master Consolidated Info Thread (8 Viewers)

I also just made a Taj Mahal replica set that I am absolutely pumped for and ordering for myself as a birthday treat. I can be pushed into sharing that one as well (with a donation per above) :)
What side will you order them from? Alibaba?

Is it safe to say I’m a day late and a dollar short for this group buy...
Nope. Just hang tight. Keep an eye on this thread and the one with "Quickening" in the title. There will be MANY mini group buys for these chips coming up. We're in a short lull at the moment waiting on earlier orders to be filled and shipped.

Get your artwork picked out or contact a designer if you want full custom.

Can anyone who has participated in these purchases speak to how accurate the color matching has been to Pantone swatches? I saw images of the color wheel chips which were made. Did anybody map the Paulson colors to closest matches for cards mold printing?

OK, here is the other theme up for non-exclusive public availability (with a donation to Make A Wish) much more on theme with the original Casa Mangos. I give you "Tropic Club". I am still clutching my mangos tightly, but I think you may appreciate this one more @TX_Golf_N_Poker ...

View attachment 642277
Did you try or possibly thinking of this one with a black background instead of white? Have no idea how it would look but I would think “Tropic Club” would really stand out.

Interested in the next GB, just not sure if I’m going custom or just going to use public artwork available.

Did you try or possibly thinking of this one with a black background instead of white? Have no idea how it would look but I would think “Tropic Club” would really stand out.

Interested in the next GB, just not sure if I’m going custom or just going to use public artwork available.
I agree! Black label with white shadow/outline around the lettering.

This isn’t my first rodeo!

(seriously though, I had created it and just wanted to digest it first to see if it needed tweaks)

edit: I am having that photo upload color problem right now uploading from my iPad so the color is a bit off.
D34AA55E-7949-4BEF-85BA-CC842047C621.jpeg

646C09D2-1831-4240-9BCA-670E11D6674D.jpeg

This isn’t my first rodeo!

(seriously though, I had created it and just wanted to digest it first to see if it needed tweaks)

edit: I am having that photo upload color problem right now uploading from my iPad so the color is a bit off.
View attachment 644843
View attachment 644841
That’s what I’m talking about. Love, love this. I’m already looking for my margarita blender.

I don’t know if it’s the “best” but I’ve been playing around with pokerchipdesigntool.com. It’s pretty easy to use too. I’m sure everyone here knows about it because they have a link to PCF. Also they are for clay but in my opinion, a ceramic that has the look of a classic clay is awesome.

What program/site are you using to design those,

I don’t know if it’s the “best” but I’ve been playing around with pokerchipdesigntool.com. It’s pretty easy to use too. I’m sure everyone here knows about it because they have a link to PCF. Also they are for clay but in my opinion, a ceramic that has the look of a classic clay is awesome.

The ceramics supplier requires vector graphics so you need to supply them with an AI, EPS, or SVG file. That means you are pretty limited in what you can use. Illustrator is the best option but some people on here have used InkScape which is free. The poker chip design tool is great to manifest, visualize, and communicate your ideas, but you will still need to create a vector file and the output from the poker chip design tool output is worthless for that. You will still need to hire a designer to create the AI file or learn a vector program yourself to do it. The Aces/Bosco files in the OP of this thread are a great starting point and provide many chip templates.

Hey Everyone.... these Card Mold Chips seem to be getting rave reviews...

What is the material?
What is the weight?
What do they compare to in regards to feel?

(if this is listed in another thread, please point me to it if you don't mind)

Hey Everyone.... these Card Mold Chips seem to be getting rave reviews...

(if this is listed in another thread, please point me to it if you don't mind)
What is the material? Material described as ceramic, using an embossed "cards" mold and an embossed circle around the inlay area.

What is the weight? approx 9.7 g

What do they compare to in regards to feel? These are similar to the Sun-Fly line identified as Polyclay. Sun-Fly also has a cards mold chip within this line. The chip is certainly intended to mimic a clay chip. How well it does so is a matter of personal opinion. Some of us absolutely love them, not just because they are 20% or less of the cost of many real compressed clay chips, but because they are genuinely cool chips. Personally, I have over 2000 ordered (about 700 currently in hand) and plans to continue buying more of them.

Since this is a consolidated info thread (let's try to keep it from getting too cluttered with posts) best threads for continued discussion of these topics would be:

Original thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-artwork-group-buy-us-can-cards-mold.58260/
Future Group buys thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-artwork-us-can-cards-mold-2-the-quickening.62360/
Pr0n thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cards-mold-pron-we-love-pron.69344/

What is the material? Material described as ceramic, using an embossed "cards" mold and an embossed circle around the inlay area.

What is the weight? approx 9.7 g

What do they compare to in regards to feel? These are similar to the Sun-Fly line identified as Polyclay. Sun-Fly also has a cards mold chip within this line. The chip is certainly intended to mimic a clay chip. How well it does so is a matter of personal opinion. Some of us absolutely love them, not just because they are 20% or less of the cost of many real compressed clay chips, but because they are genuinely cool chips. Personally, I have over 2000 ordered (about 700 currently in hand) and plans to continue buying more of them.

Since this is a consolidated info thread (let's try to keep it from getting too cluttered with posts) best threads for continued discussion of these topics would be:

Original thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-artwork-group-buy-us-can-cards-mold.58260/
Future Group buys thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-artwork-us-can-cards-mold-2-the-quickening.62360/
Pr0n thread: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cards-mold-pron-we-love-pron.69344/
Thank you!!

BJ style tournament set. It's normally designed for a SunFly hybrid HB005 (43mm and 25.4mm labels) but it could also work on a plain oversized 43mm ceramic chip. Hence, I'm sharing it here. The dealer button and octogon bounty plaque still need to be done.

Menaggio_Classics_All.png

The chips are inspired by the Bellagio WPT tournament chips. Menaggio is a village in front of the real Bellagio village at the Como Lake, in Italy.

I am looking for the matrix that aligns with these sample chips. Something that will tell me Chip A, color 2 is pantone XYZ. That way I know what to physically expect instead of being hopeful off colors on a PC...
This would be great. I also would love to hear how closely the final chips match pantone swatches. I have a set of swatches and I'm trying to match all the paulson colors I have in my collection to the closest pantone. But I don't have any idea how closely Alibaba reproduces those exact shades on the chips. They look amazing but just curious whether the pantone swatches accurately represents the final output.

Here is a post about the color wheels from one of the other threads with card molds.

Hex codes:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-artwork-group-buy-us-can-cards-mold.58260/post-1135524

I'm not sure how those translate to Pantone colors but it appears there are websites where you can put in the hex code to get the Pantone.

EDIT: This link is for the hex codes for the color sample wheels that were done with the initial Bosco chips. There were additional color wheels done by @Eloe2000 which are pure color samples (no inlay). Again, link is for the Bosco chips only.

Last edited:
NoI don't, I'd be great to have a vector file with the color wheels.

I am looking for the matrix that aligns with these sample chips. Something that will tell me Chip A, color 2 is pantone XYZ. That way I know what to physically expect instead of being hopeful off colors on a PC...

This would be great. I also would love to hear how closely the final chips match pantone swatches. I have a set of swatches and I'm trying to match all the paulson colors I have in my collection to the closest pantone. But I don't have any idea how closely Alibaba reproduces those exact shades on the chips. They look amazing but just curious whether the pantone swatches accurately represents the final output.

NoI don't, I'd be great to have a vector file with the color wheels.

Yes, I created the sample sets and the intention is to use them in conjunction with the AI file. There is no matrix but you would sample the colors in the file depending on what data you want; CMYK, RGB, etc. I PMed it to @R_oh_double_B

If anyone else needs it just PM me. It’s hosted in my personal dropbox and just don’t want to link to it publicly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom