Cards Mold 39mm - China Ceramics - China Club Re-Order Group Buy interest thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, looking up. I want them made before the Chinese New Year, which is end of January-ish. Plan to pay the first part of December. The next two weeks we will spend drumming up interest, then one week getting firm commitments.

Sorry for the perhaps silly question, but these are Sunfly hybrids, yes? At $0.30/chip, certainly pretty tempting...
No. They are card-mold polyclay ceramics, but not made by Sun-Fly. Debossed mold markings with full-face printing and aligned edges. No labels.

No. They are card-mold polyclay ceramics, but not made by Sun-Fly. Debossed mold markings with full-face printing and aligned edges. No labels

This is how I sometimes feel reading this forum. :wow:

Lucius Fox: I analysed your blood. Isolated the receptor compounds and the protein-based catalyst.

Bruce Wayne: Was I supposed to understand any of that?

Fox: Not at all. I just wanted you to understand how hard it was.

No. They are card-mold polyclay ceramics, but not made by Sun-Fly. Debossed mold markings with full-face printing and aligned edges. No labels.
Thanks BG, I'm admittedly pretty unfamiliar with all things ceramic. I have a sample set of the Sun-Fly polyclays. How would these compare to real Sun-Flys?

Thanks BG, I'm admittedly pretty unfamiliar with all things ceramic. I have a sample set of the Sun-Fly polyclays. How would these compare to real Sun-Flys?
No clue. I hear they are okay.......
^Pretty much, since I have some of these on order but none in-hand. Ask again in a few months. :)

However, second-hand knowledge shared by multiple owners indicates that when compared to Sun-Fly's card mold chips, these chips:

1) are produced with superior printing capability generating brighter colors,
2) are significantly less expensive, and
3) have a higher percentage of dimensional flaws (spinners).

My preliminary advice is just order extras, which is relatively painless given the low price-point.

A bold move was attempted...jury is still out:
New China Club (FDLMold)_PRINT-NOV9 Black 10c_1.jpg

bold indeed. probably will look good as a single chip but not sure in barrels and in splash pots. only one way to find out. if you don't like it you can always change it like you are doing with the 50c. ;)

The set is beautiful. The only issue was the dime and the .50 being too similar. I liked the red .50 and would leave it the way it was, just changing the dime.

Maybe go with something similar to the quarter, like a smoky grey dime with three darker/black edge spots using the same pattern, so they match in style.

The only solid would be the nickel.

I'll probably sell the ones I have this weekend.

I'd love a sample set -- even better if it would be in time to make a decision about participating in this buy. Love the design. Just am not sure of the chip itself since I've never seen them before. Please hit me up if you can get me a sample set quick enough to help me decide before order-time!

Thanks.

Just to clarify, I was suggesting getting 43mms as an add-on, not that you change the planned order to 43mm.

Regardless, they are beautiful chips!
I knew what you meant. I simply wanted my terse negative response to have the effect of discouraging others from asking similar questions. For my sanity, I had to adopt K.I.S.S.

Definitely interested for 500 mimimum, 1000 potentially

E/ I may have misread - I was thinking it any custom set, not just China club

Yes, you want that thread. This one is just to drum up interest in this set, and this set only, and only in 39mm cards mold, and only people ordering sets of this set, with denominations ordered in multiples of 25:
New China Club (FDLMold)_PRINT-NOV9 Black 10c_1.jpg

In a week or two, I will put up the "official" order thread after I've made some contact with the manufacturer. I will be ordering 775 chips (which includes additional samples).

5 cent25
10 cent225
25 cent25
50 cent25
1 dollar125
5 dollar300
25 dollar25
100 dollar25

This will give me 50 total sample sets, plus a 5c through $5 micro set of 200/200/200/200/400/300.

I'm now going to do some research to see *if* Four Winds South Bend is open, and *if* I can score racks of these chips:
1606077014453.png

1606077031855.png

to help pay for my chips!

Yes, you want that thread. This one is just to drum up interest in this set, and this set only, and only in 39mm cards mold, and only people ordering sets of this set, with denominations ordered in multiples of 25:
View attachment 578344
In a week or two, I will put up the "official" order thread after I've made some contact with the manufacturer. I will be ordering 775 chips (which includes additional samples).

5 cent25
10 cent225
25 cent25
50 cent25
1 dollar125
5 dollar300
25 dollar25
100 dollar25

This will give me 50 total sample sets, plus a 5c through $5 micro set of 200/200/200/200/400/300.

I'm now going to do some research to see *if* Four Winds South Bend is open, and *if* I can score racks of these chips:
View attachment 578349
View attachment 578350
to help pay for my chips!
the revised 10c looks great. the red spots set it off. in for a sample set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom