Card storage boxes (1 Viewer)

Marhault

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
So I had been looking for something to store extra setups in since I've got several sitting around with no boxes. Buying empty boxes from other members wasn't cost effective. I bought one of those wooden boxes from hobby lobby but I didn't really care for it. The plastic 1 deck boxes from Amazon or eBay work ok but I wanted a 2 deck box. So I found these and ordered them. I'll let you guys know how they are when they come in.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154008854589

I'm pretty happy with these. The bridge cards are a little loose in the box because they're designed to fit universally, and the foam that the cards rest in needs to be a little higher but I'm pretty happy with them. They'll store cards and look better on a shelf than a bunch of loose decks.
20200719_162618.jpg

20200719_162613.jpg

20200719_162626.jpg
20200719_162644.jpg

I think the biggest improvement these could have would be customization with the foam. The foam is a one size fits all. Poker decks fit perfect but bridge is loose in the foam, and it needs to be slightly higher. Maybe a 3d printed insert or something but that would probably be cost prohibitive. I guess I could just get some foam and cut it to size.... :tup:

This has peaked my interest. I have a few decks that came without cases so I bought the single case boxes for them which are fine but not an optimal solution. What I'd like to see is something like a mini chest of drawers where each drawer houses two decks and can be pulled all the way out and brought to the table.

They could be modular - e.g. sets of three which can be stacked as you add more decks.

This has peaked my interest. I have a few decks that came without cases so I bought the single case boxes for them which are fine but not an optimal solution. What I'd like to see is something like a mini chest of drawers where each drawer houses two decks and can be pulled all the way out and brought to the table.

They could be modular - e.g. sets of three which can be stacked as you add more decks.
That would be cool!

@Marhault my question to you brother is why haven't you ordered desjgn cards? The boxes are awesome too! I love my 4 Victorian decks
I have several design setups. Just trying out different stuff. I've got like 12 setups in router between the King group buy and the modiano cards from Europe and I don't think those modiano come with a box.

I really do love the design cards...I will have to say though, my absolute favorite so far are these Piatnik cards...

I have several design setups. Just trying out different stuff. I've got like 12 setups in router between the King group buy and the modiano cards from Europe and I don't think those modiano come with a box.

I really do love the design cards...I will have to say though, my absolute favorite so far are these Piatnik cards...
I haven't used paitnik cards, and since you use bridge I don't trust your judgement :sneaky:

Index card cabinet

1595270290197.png

I haven't used paitnik cards, and since you use bridge I don't trust your judgement :sneaky:
I use both lol. I prefer poker, but I have some bridge setups for all the tiny hand people. Its kind of a mix of what my players prefer. Seems to be aligned by hand size...

Ok you win I just ordered a box. Now I remember why I needed to run from PCF. Money PIT, thanks Todd.....

Creative solution, absolutely free if you buy a tie or a museum souvenir, let alone if you 've been given these as gifts:D
The tie box holds 4 decks plus some cut cards, while the Cycladic Museum box holds 6 decks plus several cut cards.
Card box_IMG_1459.jpg
Card boxes_IMG_1460.jpg
Card boxes_IMG_1461.jpg

@One Eyed Dollar
Is this something that could be created by the 3D printer?
Sure. I have the card trays in my store, and I will soon have those available with sliding lids too. Those are made to stack on racks though, like in a birdcage, so the decks sit end-to-end. I could make something similar to the plastic boxes to hold decks side by side. The drawer idea is cool too.

There's a seller on eBay with a bunch of Kem/USPCC 2-deck cases for sale. I've bought a couple from him previously.

For bridge size, with shipping they come out at $8.20 for the 1st one & $6.45 for each additional if you buy more than one.

Add $2 ea. for poker size.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123461859523

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
i was cleaning out the closet and forgot i had a some boat setups without a case, so i ordered a few different ones from MPC. I got all bridge size
From left to right: hinged plastic box, plastic box and tuck box.

50214990336_20b8959647.jpg

50214985801_289e25a990.jpg

50215259167_d4a10b8899.jpg

50215254827_8d166b67e0.jpg

I like the hinged plastic box the best and the Tuck boxes are great for the price. I got the window Tuck box because i didn't want to have to open the box to see what kind of cards were in it. The window is open, just a cut-out. They have solids if you want those. The regular plastic box was also nice and compact, but if you carry them a lot, i'd worry about the lid falling off. They are fine if they are just in a drawer somewhere. MPC also has a double deck hinged plastic box but only had poker size available. Looks like they do both custom cards and cases, but don't have any info about those. Shipping was fairly fast, took maybe a week to get to the west coast.

Here are the links in case anyone is interested:

https://www.makeplayingcards.com/design/window-tuckbox-bridge-cards.html

https://www.makeplayingcards.com/design/plastic-case-bridge-card-deck.html

https://www.makeplayingcards.com/design/pp-plastic-box-playing-cards.html

i was cleaning out the closet and forgot i had a some boat setups without a case, so i ordered a few different ones from MPC. I got all bridge size
From left to right: hinged plastic box, plastic box and tuck box.

50214990336_20b8959647.jpg

50214985801_289e25a990.jpg

50215259167_d4a10b8899.jpg

50215254827_8d166b67e0.jpg

I like the hinged plastic box the best and the Tuck boxes are great for the price. I got the window Tuck box because i didn't want to have to open the box to see what kind of cards were in it. The window is open, just a cut-out. They have solids if you want those. The regular plastic box was also nice and compact, but if you carry them a lot, i'd worry about the lid falling off. They are fine if they are just in a drawer somewhere. MPC also has a double deck hinged plastic box but only had poker size available. Looks like they do both custom cards and cases, but don't have any info about those. Shipping was fairly fast, took maybe a week to get to the west coast.

Here are the links in case anyone is interested:

https://www.makeplayingcards.com/design/window-tuckbox-bridge-cards.html

https://www.makeplayingcards.com/design/plastic-case-bridge-card-deck.html

https://www.makeplayingcards.com/design/pp-plastic-box-playing-cards.html
I actually looked at that place. The hinged boxes were the ones I wanted but after filling out all the info the shipping came to over a dollar a box. That seemed kinda steep to me. Still doable but I have some mental block when I'm paying almost as much for shipping for something as I am paying for the item itself it's like I automatically eliminate that choice.

Hm, the windowed tuck boxes I got do have plastic on the window. Poker size.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom