Card Shuffler? (1 Viewer)

behrguitar

Two Pair
Reaction score
For a long time I have wanted to get a shuffle king, but the cost is just crazy high ( oddly enough I don't have that problem with poker chips). A while back I got a lego 51515 set to play around with, I know very little about robots, but always wanted to play around with them so I figured it would be fun...

Then I saw this video on YouTube...

I know this poker chips form has some very talented people. Is anyone willing to start collaborating to start building this, or figuring out a way to build this robot??

Thanks!!!

Going to bump this to see if I can find others interested

Now I'm going to have to waste some time determining the efficiency of 17 slots. Fascinating implementation.
that's a good question. will 17 slots be enough? I suppose it could be build differently. Maybe working together we can put to gather plans to get a simple card shuffler build versus spending 6K

I know this poker chips form has some very talented people. Is anyone willing to start collaborating to start building this, or figuring out a way to build this robot??

Thanks!!!
…table mounting one of these might be tricky :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:. I love it though. I’ve watched the video twice

Now I'm going to have to waste some time determining the efficiency of 17 slots. Fascinating implementation.
Would love to see that maths. The fact it can go front or back of each slot must be factored in. It’s been a long time since I did any calculations that complicated.

Found a paper that already did the analysis. The particular "shelf" shuffler they analyzed used 10 slots, with cards added randomly either to the top or bottom of each slot, but their analysis is generalized. The bottom line was that a single pass through such a machine was inadequate, even with a large number of slots, but doing two passes, even with just 10 shelves, was equivalent to 8 - 9 riffle shuffles.
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1107.2961.pdf

Found a paper that already did the analysis. The particular "shelf" shuffler they analyzed used 10 slots, with cards added randomly either to the top or bottom of each slot, but their analysis is generalized. The bottom line was that a single pass through such a machine was inadequate, even with a large number of slots, but doing two passes, even with just 10 shelves, was equivalent to 8 - 9 riffle shuffles.
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1107.2961.pdf
Thanks, great paper

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom