Car enthusiasts - Cars you have or had! (1 Viewer)

78' Dodge Spirit
04' Honda Accord
'07 Mustang V6
'12 Mustang GT
'14 Mustang GT
'17 Ford Explorer Sport

@pltrgyst has owned more cars than some members have walked this earth. I was more taken back by the length of the list, although not surprising from the guy that probably owns the most chips. Also this post is from a guy that has had three cars in the last 20 yrs.

My baby - long gone now but once the kids are grown and I no longer have to pay for them, I'm getting another:
5723451931_9def769c83_z.jpg

My current ride - huge fun; I'm never buying a boring coloured car again!
Jeep.JPG

76 Chevy Nova
77 Buick Regal
80 L82 Corvette
92 Honda Civic
93 Mustang LX 5.0
93 Mustang GT
96 Ford Explorer
97 Mustang Cobra
03 Toyota Camry
04 Acura TLX
12 Acura TL SH AWD Current Ride till the wheels fall off or my house is paid off. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

-2005 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast Coupe (this car got me banned from driving for 15months)
I had an 04 Performance, manual of course, as my first car in high school. Best friend had a matching (color/rims) brand new Camaro, and boy did we think we were hot shlt. Looking back on it now, its a miracle that neither of us ended up dead, in a prison cell, or even so much as a ticket. The girls never said no to going for a ride though :tup:
IMG_2294.JPG

I don't know about today, but 5 years ago, one of the best value sports car money could buy in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
I had an 04 Performance, manual of course, as my first car in high school. Best friend had a matching (color/rims) brand new Camaro, and boy did we think we were hot shlt. Looking back on it now, its a miracle that neither of us ended up dead, in a prison cell, or even so much as a ticket. The girls never said no to going for a ride though :tup:
View attachment 353576

I don't know about today, but 5 years ago, one of the best value sports car money could buy in my humble opinion.
Fun car indeed.
I was in Vegas in 07 and rented an 06 350Z for the week.
I literally put 1500 miles on that car in the week I had it.
Day trips to Phoenix, Grand Canyon, Zion NP and Bryce Canyon NP really racked up the miles.

An action pic too, from the Nuerburgring Nordscheife (I think I 've posted it somewhere before)
Carrera 911 Nuerburgring.jpg

I treated her to most renowned asphalt in the world, like the Nordsclheife and Spa Francorchapms (being stationed in Belgium, at the time).
Most precious medal on my chest is the 1:12 lap time on the circuit of Megara near Athens.
A lap time which would make the unsuspecting co-driver vomit and burst into tears (not necessarily in that order :D )

Ok ..
My 1st car (Hand-me-down from oldest sister) 1969 Olds Cutlass "S" - 2 door 350 V8 2bbl ( She orig bought it new ...)
Then...
1977 Olds Cutlass Supreme Brougham 2 door - 403 4bbl V8 (6.6L)
1984 Camaro 305 4bbl V8 ( 5.0 L )
1991 Buick Regal 3800 V6
1992 Buick Roadmaster 5.7L V8
1998 Olds Intregue 3800 V6
1999 Olds Intregue 3500 "Shortstar" V6
1985 Chev Suburban 305 4bbl V8
** 1978 Olds Delta 88 Royale 2 Door 350 4Bbl V8
1995 Chev Suburban 5.7L V8
2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6 V6
** 2006 Saturn Ion 2.2L 4
2008 Chev Malibu 2.4L 4
** 2005 Chev Suburban 5.3L V8
2012 Chev Volt
2015 Chev Volt
** 2017 Chev Bolt All Elect

** Denotes Currently owned vehicles
Wife's cars included in above.

I hope you're trading up!
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Sure, no car at all! Feet, subway and the occasional taxi. Minimizing my environmental footprint :p
My partner's Baby Ferrari ($5,000 Model 2007 Fiat Panda 100 in Mugello Red) for extra-urban destinations:cool Death may come suddenly in the form of a stroke out of boredom:(

My first and third Miatas:
‘91 track-prepped “Zoomey” and ‘97M “Jeeves”.
Best cars ever made.

Sold the track car and moved up to a Cayman. Wife & daughter wouldn’t let me sell Jeeves, which I’m real glad about- it would feel really weird to not own a Miata.

7725DBCF-942B-4EFD-81DF-E2C34C83DF07.jpeg

I just saw a 2015 Cayman with 10k miles and I was sorely tempted.
If you're into driving, you 'll never regret it. Superb road hanling, much friendlier that the idiosyncratic rear-heavy "outboard engine" 911. Depending on (Edit: your) age, she could eventually make you sell TRKs en masse :D

It's a short 2,100m circuit, simulating a forrest road, pretty demanding, and, certainly, NOT Porsche-land (powerful supercars need more room to stretch)
At 1minute 12 seconds it's 105km/h or 66miles per hour, average.
megaramain.jpg

I just saw a 2015 Cayman with 10k miles and I was sorely tempted.

I have to be honest. If you want to impress your friends or go to the track, buy a Cayman. If you want a car that is a joy to drive, get a Miata.

The handling balance is actually similar, despite the different engine placement. The Cayman has more ultimate grip, brakes better and of course has 3x the power.

But 90 in the Cayman feels like 60. 60 in the Miata feels like 90. Which one sounds like more fun?

EDIT: plus a reliable old Miata costs less than a set of TRKs.

Well, that's Porsche-land (in PDF attachment). You could say the road was designed at the demands of the weirdos of Zuffenhausen:LOL: :laugh:
Provincial winding mountain road, 3-lane wide, (either shared 1.5/1.5 between the two directions or 1/2 - 2/1) with nice visibility.
I've seen 200km/h (125mp/h) going up the mountain (almost 7,000rpm on 4th gear, to be honest), while a pro friend of mine has seen 270km/h (almost 170mp/h) going down the mountain, in a 997 mark I Turbo:D
5 years ago we were still young...

Attachments

• Bralos Google.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 73
I have to be honest. If you want to impress your friends or go to the track, buy a Cayman. If you want a car that is a joy to drive, get a Miata.

The handling balance is actually similar, despite the different engine placement. The Cayman has more ultimate grip, brakes better and of course has 3x the power.

But 90 in the Cayman feels like 60. 60 in the Miata feels like 90. Which one sounds like more fun?

It’s funny you mention that. My colleague is a member of Monticello Motor Club, and his track car is a race-modified Miata.

Had a Miata as my daily driver for 4 years. The driving experience is soooooo good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom