Canterbury Park Poker Room Reopening - Time Charge on 40/80 plus (1 Viewer)

JustinInMN

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
So just got this e-mail from canterbury park. Sounds like six-handed games with acrylic dividers for now.

1593787626790.png

They have never done "time charge" in this room before and I am shocked they are going for $10/half hour. Is that normal for other places that take a time charge. I have heard of 7-8 dollars per half hour before.

So just got this e-mail from canterbury park. Sounds like six-handed games with acrylic dividers for now.

View attachment 484841

They have never done "time charge" in this room before and I am shocked they are going for $10/half hour. Is that normal for other places that take a time charge. I have heard of 7-8 dollars per half hour before.
$7 per half is pretty common but if it’s 6-handed instead of 8 or 9 then that works out to roughly the same revenue per table.

4 hours of play equals one big bet? When you think of it like that, that's pretty good still.

Most places will give reduced time when shorthanded just to keep tables going, but when your starting shorthand under these circumstances it makes sense. Lowest time I've paid is $1/half hour but that was 5am playing 3 handed. Full ring is the Borgata at $5/half hour at the 2/5 game. Tunica's $5/T NL that I play is $7/half hour. Plus usually the higher the stakes its common practice to have a higher time charge. Either way its only $20/hr or 0.25BB/hr which is way better than paying $5-7/hand, especially when your playing short handed and can get more hands in per hour.

Some places charge more as well as the stakes go up. Pretty sure the time charge for Live at the Bike big game is like $15/per down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom