Can't recall who mentioned using 3D printer to make poker chip cookie cutters (2 Viewers)

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
While I am still interested in working with someone to create the 3D printed poker chip cookie cutters, I am actually curious if anyone can apply the same idea to a 3D printed pumpkin carving tool??

I know it's a bit last minute for this year (will likely try a printed hand carving design.

Not a pumpkin cookie cutter, but an actual pumpkin cutter? The material wouldn't be strong enough as Nex said ... but I suppose you could make a channel around the perimeter and install some kind of cutting blades ... and then hammer it through. Sounds brutal...

Yeah I did understand it that way.
But why would you want 3D printed punches for that instead of hand carving? Because you have a complex shape you want to carve.

Applying blades to some printed punch with a complex shape would likely be a lot more work than outright manually carving.

Material not being strong enough isn't even the issue. Polycarbonate, even PLA should withstand the force if you make the walls thick enough. But the point is they will always be blunt, so you won't get a clean cut with that.

Next issue... pumpkin's convex surface. A punch would also need to take a bent shape, and with that it would be fairly hard to print (or waste a lot of material on support structures)

Yeah, but who knows ... maybe something like this would work:

pca-brie-smash.png

I've also been trying to find someone to print cookie cutters lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom