Canadians, where do you buy your rail foam? (1 Viewer)

TheDuke

Full House
Reaction score
In Canada, there are no chain stores like Joanne's to source materials cheap.

However, after searching around I found local foam stores (that usually advertise foam products for RVs, mattresses, etc) are able to manufacture virtually any size of foam and have multiple options for density at a very reasonable price.

So, for $50 CAD ($35USD) I ordered a 3/4" thick 60" x 60" sheet (I chose 3/4" as I find 1" too thick). Importing anything from the US would cost well over $100 USD ($135 CAD).

So if you're a Canadian looking for cheap rail foam - find a local foam store.

There is a store just down the street from me here in Kitchener. It’s called The Foam Store. I’m pretty sure they handle online orders. For my craps table, I ordered pyramid foam panels from Detroit. They are almost identical in size to the real rubber ones you can buy for a fraction of the cost. They just needed to be sprayed in rubber to firm them up.

I was going to start buying foam from the Army and Navy here in town as they had camping foam in all sizes. However we all know how that ended.

I was going to start buying foam from the Army and Navy here in town as they had camping foam in all sizes. However we all know how that ended.

Yeah, it's sad to see all of these local businesses collapsing. The Army and Navy on Whyte Ave was a fixture. Admittedly, I hadn't set foot in there since the late 90s.

At first I was pumped by the news of an Amazon warehouse being built in Nisku as that would mean the possibility of same day shipping. I think I need to start being way more mindful of where my $$ is going and supporting local or Canadian businesses. Otherwise, all that will be left is Walmart and Amazon.

Yeah. I bought my second set of chips ever from Charlie when he was selling out of his garage. Seems like forever ago.
Seems like they are back to selling out of the garage due to covid. Last time I stopped in they made me circle around to the back shipping entrance ;) No one is allowed in the store right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom