Canadian Meetup - MMM - Moose's Mixed Madness - Cambridge, ON - Oct. 12-15, 2023 (1 Viewer)

moose

Full House
Reaction score
MMM - Moose's Mixed Madness

Thurs. Oct. 12 - 15, 2023

Three days of poker madness.

Cambridge is 3 hours east of Detroit and 1 h 45 min from Buffalo by car. Nearest airport is Waterloo Regional YKF, lol if you find a flight into there, I will pick you up personally. Major airport is Toronto YYZ, other choices are Billy Bishop, downtown Toronto, YTZ and Hamilton YHM. I am 1 hour from YYZ, not including traffic. Rush hour times are not fun to/from Toronto. Check out SWOOP which flies from various US locations into Hamilton YHM and Flair which flies into Toronto and Waterloo Regional YKF.

This will be right at the peak of fall colours in beautiful Cambridge. Built right up to the banks of the Grand River, it is said to be very much like a European city.

image~2.jpg

Stay: there are only a few hotels in Cambridge. I wouldn't recommend you stay out of the city as everything else is not that close. Try also airBnB.

Screenshot_20221106-184304.jpg

Thurs Oct. 12 - doors open at noon.

Food: Philthy Philly's cheesesteaks and poutine

6-7 pm Canadian 5-pin bowling

1667860598749.png

Main game: $3/6 limit dealer's choice with half kill, game to start when we have enough players

Fri. Mar. 16 - Doors open at 2:30 pm

Curling @ Ayr Curling Club 12-2pm. Try out the roaring game. $20 per person. Please indicate in reply if you are in for curling so I know how many sheets to book. 8 players per sheet.

1667860204540.png

Curling
1. moose
2. @SeekTheGrail
3. @k9dr

Food: wing night at Westside Bar & Grill 5:30 pm

7pm CHao$ Holdem $5 rebuy tournament
Rules: http://www.pokerforum.ca/f60/fri-nig...mbridge-33361/
Note: the above link is to the 2016 tournament.

This ain't poker - it's Mixed Madness!

Cash Game: $.50/.50 $100 max Dealer's Choice before and after tournament

Sat. Mar. 17 - Doors open at 11 am

Food: Camp 31 BBQ

1:30 pm Mixed March Madness $120 tournament - includes tourney entry and BBQ

Tourney rules:

The Circus Games:

BigO - 5 card pot limit Omaha Hi/Lo

SOHE - Simultaneous Holdem and Omaha - you are dealt six cards which you separate into a holdem and an omaha hand before any betting

Dramaha - best 5 card draw hand split with best Omaha hand

Tahoe Pitch and Roll - 7 card stud, you are dealt 4 cards, before any betting you decide which card to pitch away and which card to roll as your up card

Games will change every level and are all pot limit games. ie. first level is BigO, second level is SOHE and so on.

For $120, you will receive $50,000 in chips.

Chips will distributed as follows: $10, 000 in chips, 2 $20k lammers, which can
each be exchanged at any time for $20, 000 tourney chips. The lammers are not in play until exchanged for tourney chips.
After four levels (one level of each game) all remaining lammers will be exchanged for chips and the tourney will continue until we have our Mixed Madness Champion!

Reserves: 32 max

1. moose
2. mmoose
3. @ekricket
4. @travelgirl
5. @TheDonkeyKong
6. @Lil Tuna t
7. @SeekTheGrail
8. @p5woody t
9. @detroitdad t
10. @Jeff
11. @k9dr
12. @JacNoK
13. @CptainCanuck
14. @Leonard t
15. @snooptodd t

Last edited:

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Extremely interested, but our meet-up calendar for 2023 is already full. I wish I had more vacation time, but I would also need more money , so retirement isn't the answer.

If I hit the lotto though... :sneaky:

moose

Full House
Reaction score
FYI about the curling

I should have mentioned virtually anyone can play. If you feel too creaky to get down and throw a rock, you can use a stick. All the equipment is provided by the club. All you need is warm loose fitting clothing. Light jacket or hoodie, track pants, light gloves. Thin leather gloves like batting gloves are ideal. A 2nd pair of clean indoor only gym shoes to keep the ice clean are also needed.

It is tradition that the winning team buys the first round so if you lose you can console yourself with a free drink.

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome, a Canadian meetup! Sounds like a blast. It's way too far out for me to know what my schedule will be like, plus October is a very busy time of year for me so I am doubtful, but if I could, I'd like to come. Unfortunately more than likely I'll be drowning in work.

TheDonkeyKong

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Been looking forward to attending a Canadian meet up, glad this is gaining lots of interest! @moose thanks for organizing this very excited although a year away.

CptainCanuck

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Count me (tentatively) in - will know for sure next year closer to the date.

Edit: like 90% in now; wife says she and daughter are coming, and dropping them off in Niagara Falls.

Last edited:

philhut

Flush
Reaction score
I am supposed to be working the night shift on your scheduled games.......If I can book the night off can I be put down and TBA? would love to sit down for a massive 50k game.

Schmendr1ck

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man.

I would be there in a heartbeat, but this is right on top of my 25th anniversary.

Please put me on the list for MMM '24. :cool

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom