Can you print edge designs on ceramic plaques once they've already been printed? (1 Viewer)

pokerplaque

Reaction score
Can you print edge designs on ceramic plaques once they’ve already been printed?
I had a nice custom set of plaques made, ceramic and I believe they use a dyesublimation process to print the face design. I regret NOT having any edge spots or design done on them. So my question is this; Is there a way to get edge spots or a design printed on the plaque edges?

They are still new in the package in blocks of 25. Is there any ‘process’ to get that done?

Thanks for any helpful information

plaques to edge print (1).jpgplaques to edge print (2).jpgplaques to edge print (3).jpgplaques to edge print (4).jpgplaques to edge print (5).jpg

Also realize that the colors you see on an already printed plaque are that way because the base is white. Since it already has an ink applied to the plaque, you are trying to put one color over another color.
Even if you had a process to do it, it would likely produce an undesirable result. I would think the only way would be to use an opaque ink or paint on top of the current color. Trouble with that is that it would like wear off quickly.
Sadly, I’m just not seeing a solution here.

I have thought about laser etching. That is a possibility, BUT there would never be color to it correct?

I assume the etching would just go down to the white blank that these were printed on, and no way to color that in

I have thought about laser etching. That is a possibility, BUT there would never be color to it correct?

I assume the etching would just go down to the white blank that these were printed on, and no way to color that in

you could totally use paint to fill in that space. there are plenty of weirdos enthusiasts that do custom paint jobs on golf clubs and stuff. i think you just have to find like ultra fine nozzles for the paint bottles. idk, never done it myself but some of the spaces they fill in are pretty tiny - just not sure if it solves the "time suck" problem....might actually make it worse hahahaha

Can you print edge designs on ceramic plaques once they’ve already been printed?
I had a nice custom set of plaques made, ceramic and I believe they use a dyesublimation process to print the face design. I regret NOT having any edge spots or design done on them. So my question is this; Is there a way to get edge spots or a design printed on the plaque edges?

They are still new in the package in blocks of 25. Is there any ‘process’ to get that done?

Thanks for any helpful information

View attachment 1105429View attachment 1105430View attachment 1105431View attachment 1105432View attachment 1105433
Sorry I can't help, but please help me, if you can. Where did you order those plaques, please?

Best option (beside leaving them as-is) might be to wrap a stack together, mask them off, and use air-brushed paint to add simple stripes/spots. Doing a bundle at one time would help consistency across all plaques.

Might take two steps (white primer followed by final color). Pretty straight-forward process if you already have a hobby paint air-brush set-up.

Best option (beside leaving them as-is) might be to wrap a stack together, mask them off, and use air-brushed paint to add simple stripes/spots. Doing a bundle at one time would help consistency across all plaques.

Might take two steps (white primer followed by final color). Pretty straight-forward process if you already have a hobby paint air-brush set-up.
that's a great idea, bundling would be easy. And I had the idea to do a 'whole' design across about 20 plaques so consistency wouldn't be a big deal. think of a pictures, but along the entire sides

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom