Can you guys help me determine if these are new or not? (1 Viewer)

Damani311

Two Pair
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think I actually just got sold another set of HSI 100 primary that are used but was sold as like new/excellent I just need some second opinions here but again the stack is just not right next to the new chips
16162605361918848574577778608621.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to compare with the ones I got from Apache. Can you tell which ones I just paid $4 a chip for?
16162611652063865782741752907757.jpg

Hundos are 100% used. The height difference and scratches on the inlay are what seals it for me

100% used. I’d talked to the seller and bring it to their attention. If they were sold as new but are not new they should be willing to accept a return (generally buyer pays return shipping) if you wanted to or at least some compensation for the discrepancy.

Ones on the right look new. Still chalky. Ones on the left are clearly used. Even if they are new and oiled then oiled still means used to me.
That's a shame. The ones on the right are from Apache and I agree these actually look a little worse. I'm not really sure how these were sold to me as new but it's unfortunately not going well as far as letting him know

That's a shame. The ones on the right are from Apache and I agree these actually look a little worse. I'm not really sure how these were sold to me as new but it's unfortunately not going well as far as letting him know
The ones on the right are clearly new. I’d only be upset if I purchased something described as new and got the ones on the left. If you bought chips described as new and got the ones in the right then you got new chips. They look fine to me though still chalky and brand new.

They were described as new, they could not be guaranteed from TCR and he said they were in excellent condition and stacked up next to Mint chips. I wasn't expecting completely unplayed but yeah this is actually worse than the ones I got last from Apache so I'm just kind of torn as to what to do here now

They were described as new, they could not be guaranteed from TCR and he said they were in excellent condition and stacked up next to Mint chips. I wasn't expecting completely unplayed but yeah this is actually worse than the ones I got last from Apache so I'm just kind of torn as to what to do here now

Before going for the nuclear option, I would reach out to the seller and see what you can work out amicably.

Did you see photos before you purchased them?
Yeah and they looked kind of used to me but was going on what I was told. It was really just one picture of one chip sideways though so kind of hard to tell

More than anything I'm just really bummed out after waiting two weeks and seeing that now I got sold two different sets of used hundreds as new, and I'm beginning to think I'm just not going to be able to get this denomination new :-(

Can you post a photo that was sent to you prior to purchase?

There are lots of these chips out there. Don’t stress too much. Where there is a will there is a way.

All right I have captured a bit of the conversation and yes it is clearly explained that they are not new, but given the price and saying they Stack Up and were represented as new to him Etc, I'm pretty sure that I should have been able to expect something better than what I got maybe or am I wrong here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210320-135933_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-135933_Samsung Internet.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Screenshot_20210320-135955_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-135955_Samsung Internet.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot_20210320-140020_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-140020_Samsung Internet.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot_20210320-140040_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-140040_Samsung Internet.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 201
This is why we wait for context.
This is always why I ask a lot of questions before making judgements.

Anyway, it appears the seller does state they are in excellent condition , and I would probably agree with that or at least couldn’t disagree with that, but he does slightly oversell them a bit. I would holster the pitchfork for now.

I don’t do TCR sales but it also appears there are clearly two levels of HSIs; new, and used. Correct? He appears to call them excellent condition but does also appear to insinuate they were the TCR “new” chips even though he states the condition is definitively not new. So while he describes the condition correctly it looks like these are not the TCR new chips. But for all we know they were sold to the seller this way. Could have been a mixup there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom