CAN/US custom 39mm Cards Mold small GB - Production completed (4 Viewers)

lol!!! good catch. I bet it's an error for samples but I'll make sure they don't do the same mistake on the real ones. I will let them know tonight for sure.
I just got an epiphany! maybe everybody knows that but for me I just realized: We always provide one face chip design and the edge design, but not the other face design. When you think about it as soon as you have edge alignment it means one color of the edgespot, let's say green, will be on the left for one face but on the right for the other face. Some change / inversing in the design is involved. That explains what might have gone wrong with your sample. It's not that random.
1611082782392.png

Ok I will request them to use the same grey I think they can do it without problem. I'm not sure if it is the same grey on the chips... @200 Motels is it the same grey for the two grey chips?

Close enough is good.... A general grey in that range is compatible with my set and edge-spots on the $20 if its the same colour as Motels grey or slightly lighter I'm happy.

I really like how the chips turned out for all of them even the 20, just for colour issues the $20 must be grey instead.

FYI I exported the excel and I am now preparing the paperworks to prepare payments. Thanks guys for meeting the deadline! I'll get some more samples done for you as well at the same time. Cheers!

FYI I exported the excel and I am now preparing the paperworks to prepare payments. Thanks guys for meeting the deadline! I'll get some more samples done for you as well at the same time. Cheers!
can you just double check mine all 43 mm i did change it up, you said would be no issue. thanks again for making everything possible

can you just double check mine all 43 mm i did change it up, you said would be no issue. thanks again for making everything possible
no problem to have them on 43mm and also yes this is what I have on the excel

Man I don't know how they do it I sent so many files in the last 2 days... here are a bunch of samples! I don't have everything on videos though (here is the link to the one I have: https://we.tl/t-8rkLjRMi3v). Pictures:
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202002.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202007.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202039.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202044.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202048.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202113.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202118.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202129.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202133.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202145.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202149.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202322.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202326.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202331.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202336.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202340.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202344.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202348.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202353.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202357.jpg

@200 Motels I think the pictures are for your last artwork but I cannot be 100% sure. For the video it is the opposite I think it's an older file but not 100% sure either. You sent like 3 files in the last 2 days. What matters is your order will be the last file for sure. It will be well organized for the manufacturer please do not worry.

Some more:
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202403.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202408.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202411.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202416.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202420.jpg
Œ¢–≈Õº∆¨_20210120202425.jpg

@DLManiac lol your inlay size could not be more adapted. Good job!
@blackhole you nailed the blue CDI color good job!
@mnebesny I'm pretty sure the samples are the same as before. Could be my error or theirs or honestly I sent them so many files it could have got lost. Let's talk in PM to fix this. Please send me again the most recent file as well. We'll fix that no worries I'll get you samples.
@PlayerADK I requested the one sample for the 25c but the request might have got lost in the swamp of files and directives. As I said earlier the order will be much more organized and risk of error at a much lower level (inexistent almost), I do think in your case it is better simply not to ask sample for it.
@RunForestRun they seem to have forgotten your sample as well. I will check that tonight again... it will be less chaotic
I think I did not forget about anyone :)

Original post updated: You now have up to Friday January 22nd, 11:59pm EST time to transfer the payment. Information on how to pay is on P1 of the google sheet. Please transfer in CAD the amount shown on P1. Exchange rate taken from https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=CAD on January 18th. The goal is for me to place the order on Sunday January 24th 8pm (so Monday morning in China).

Americans, you will realize now that paypal really sucks for conversion rates; that is how they make money pretty much. I know how it feels (as international buyers we ALWAYS deal with that). For that reason, I'll do my best I can to be flexible on the payment method. If you want to use an alternative to paypal please PM me and we'll see if it can be done.

Thanks for the sample pics! Looks like I fixed the issue with the 5c chip, but somehow I didn't do it for the 25c chip:cautious:

also, I understand now what everyone was saying about the lighting differences, and their chips looking off. I didn't make any changes in my $1 chip, or Rebuy chip (they are a similar blue color). But look at the differences in these photos. The first sample photo is on the left, the most recent sample photo is on the right.

I'm resisting the urge to worry, I know from the videos that the artwork is good, need to trust the process. I will be making a few artwork adjustments, mainly to finally fix my 25c chip, resending artwork and then sending payment soon.
sample.compare.1.png

@Raphmivey i just forwarded an updated ai file to Pete - it's not a big deal if I don't get a chance to see the new sample but if they're going to run new samples I'd love a glance.

Slightly larger inlay w/ white edge spots on the 25cent chip are the only changes.

Sending payment today!

E/ payment sent

Last edited:
Man I don't know how they do it I sent so many files in the last 2 days... here are a bunch of samples! I don't have everything on videos though (here is the link to the one I have: https://we.tl/t-8rkLjRMi3v). Pictures:
View attachment 618168View attachment 618170View attachment 618171View attachment 618172View attachment 618173View attachment 618174View attachment 618175View attachment 618176View attachment 618178View attachment 618179View attachment 618180View attachment 618181View attachment 618182View attachment 618183View attachment 618184View attachment 618185View attachment 618186View attachment 618187View attachment 618188View attachment 618189
@200 Motels I think the pictures are for your last artwork but I cannot be 100% sure. For the video it is the opposite I think it's an older file but not 100% sure either. You sent like 3 files in the last 2 days. What matters is your order will be the last file for sure. It will be well organized for the manufacturer please do not worry.
The video is actually just the same set as before....does not give me a good feeling. The pics on the other hand do look to be an improvement but its still crazy how dark these turn out. If I lighten my inlays even further by today can those be printed?

EDIT: I spose it's as sharp as it's going to get. All the details are visible.

Alright, let's go with the latest version. But yes, please ensure they don't print the chips from the video. The latest version is definitely acceptable.

Last edited:
Thanks for the sample pics! Looks like I fixed the issue with the 5c chip, but somehow I didn't do it for the 25c chip:cautious:

also, I understand now what everyone was saying about the lighting differences, and their chips looking off. I didn't make any changes in my $1 chip, or Rebuy chip (they are a similar blue color). But look at the differences in these photos. The first sample photo is on the left, the most recent sample photo is on the right.

I'm resisting the urge to worry, I know from the videos that the artwork is good, need to trust the process. I will be making a few artwork adjustments, mainly to finally fix my 25c chip, resending artwork and then sending payment soon.View attachment 618234

The artwork and chips look pretty neat. Can I ask, what is the story behind the toilets on your chips?

The artwork and chips look pretty neat. Can I ask, what is the story behind the toilets on your chips?

I wish it was more of a story, but basically my last name is Kohler, same as the giant bathroom fixture company, but my family has no connection to the company. But it has always been kind of a joke with family/friends in a way. After the scrub donkey group buy I really liked the idea of making a set of chips that were humorous in some way, but custom to me. That lead me down a long, ridiculous road to creating multiple toilet themed sets!

The video is actually just the same set as before....does not give me a good feeling. The pics on the other hand do look to be an improvement but its still crazy how dark these turn out. If I lighten my inlays even further by today can those be printed?

EDIT: I spose it's as sharp as it's going to get. All the details are visible.

Alright, let's go with the latest version. But yes, please ensure they don't print the chips from the video. The latest version is definitely acceptable.
for more samples I doubt it, but for the real thing of course

And yes like I said I think the vid is for the previous design... I sent files on 2 days and they sent the pics for everything at once... so in your case it is confusing

I wish it was more of a story, but basically my last name is Kohler, same as the giant bathroom fixture company, but my family has no connection to the company. But it has always been kind of a joke with family/friends in a way. After the scrub donkey group buy I really liked the idea of making a set of chips that were humorous in some way, but custom to me. That lead me down a long, ridiculous road to creating multiple toilet themed sets!
dude you have to create a post answering that question so you can send the link every time someone asks :p how many times so far? I already know it's at least 3 just from this GB which includes myself ahahah

dude you have to create a post answering that question so you can send the link every time someone asks :p how many times so far? I already know it's at least 3 just from this GB which includes myself ahahah

Once I get the chips from the first group buy and this one, and once I can start hosting regular games again, I plan on making a "Kohler Cardroom" post to document my home games. I'll include the "story" in the first post, maybe I'll try to jazz it up a bit:p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom