CAN/US custom 39mm Cards Mold small GB - Production completed (2 Viewers)

I wasn't thrilled with how some of the colors came out on my samples. I've gone through and compared with the art and some photos from the previous group buys. I'm not sure how much control the factory has over the colors, if they're just going off the art, or why they'd different from the previous group buy prints.
  • In the $1 chip, the is significantly darker and less vibrant, the blue spot is much greener than I would have liked, and the grey spot is very yellow
  • In the 5c chip, the green is darker and less lime/yellowey
  • In the 10c chip, the text is very green/olive colored and not so much grey
I'm not sure if it's possible to correct any of that, but it would be great if so.

All the other chips look amazing :wow:

Factory samples (not my photo):
View attachment 611969

Art from @timinater :
View attachment 611970

Previous group buy (not my photo):
View attachment 611971
Those do look off a bit more than lighting might effect. Is this the same vendor as the previous run? They don't look like they've printed as crisp either.

Sorry, I haven't been following this specific thread. Those last pictured palms seems to have the cards mold. Are they really 43mm?
Your right. I asked for 43mm in the email they must have ignited that part

I agree that the new manuf's chips look yellow and not as sharp (text on black background looks like it's bleeding). Hopefully this new manuf can get it right, otherwise I'd be willing to go back with the previous manufacturer if it meant having sharp, color balanced chips.

If that’s is the case you guys let me know now. I have no desire to go through this to not order.

If that’s is the case you guys let me know now. I have no desire to go through this to not order.
I would agree with the initial thoughts of the others. The printing (from the pictures alone) seems to be slightly less sharp but I am still happy with the chips overall.

If others want to go with the original manufacturer (printer, whatever lol) then I am on board.

We appreciate your help so far @wolfpack

To the rest of the group - what are your thoughts?

im having a hard time figuring out if the colors are actually like that, or its the quality of the pictures. overall, im happy with how they look and would still proceed here.

i might be wrong, but i am leaning on the camera quality and the background they are using.

edit: are we allowed to make changes based on the samples?

I hate to say this and have someone order something and not get what they are expecting, but all of my chips that I received from this manufacturer do not photograph well. The colors on mine are vibrant and the printing is sharp, even on the really thin “Bosco” cursive font. For example, this picture makes the chips, especially the green $25, look flat and dull, but they aren’t at all. Idk why it is this way but I would definitely chalk up some of this to their pictures and lighting. The color that is most true to life is the red.
EF2757DC-6DCC-43FA-8589-B7B1227253A4.jpeg

B705A809-0F1A-49EC-9C84-8B62011C1155.jpeg

im having a hard time figuring out if the colors are actually like that, or its the quality of the pictures. overall, im happy with how they look and would still proceed here.

i might be wrong, but i am leaning on the camera quality and the background they are using.

edit: are we allowed to make changes based on the samples?
Those are thoughts exactly. The sharpness doesn't seem to have a huge impact on any of the samples I've seen. I'm mostly just worried about color. From what I've seen, the colors seems to vary alot. For example if you look in the China Clubs samples, the grey on the $1 spot and the 10c text comes out very yellow, but it seems fine in the $5 spot. In the same way if you look at the Shockers Fantasy Football chips, the white inlays were printed very green, but the white edgespots seem fine. Since these happen in the same photo, that implies to me it could be an issue with the print color as opposed to the lighting. What do you guys think?
1610338036935.png

Now that @timinater mentions it, the text does seem pretty blurry, especially with the dollar signs here. I can't tell if it's just a blurry photo of if the text is blurry.

I hate to say this and have someone order something and not get what they are expecting, but all of my chips that I received from this manufacturer do not photograph well. The colors on mine are vibrant and the printing is sharp, even on the really thin “Bosco” cursive font. For example, this picture makes the chips, especially the green $25, look flat and dull, but they aren’t at all. Idk why it is this way but I would definitely chalk up some of this to their pictures and lighting. The color that is most true to life is the red.
View attachment 612119
View attachment 612120
Is the rolling edge gloss?

I think videos could show better the real colors. Would that be worth a try?

Here is my artwork mine were designed from along with some quick video I just shot. This is better than photos but the green still is not true to life.

Video: https://streamable.com/3kw4ph (Phone quality is bad, view on a computer for an actual representation of color/sharpness)

ED0FAFE5-151D-4775-B2CB-8BEFBDBA16A4.jpeg

Last edited:
Given discussion I’m going to slightly adjust 2 colors, and increase my inlay size as suggested. will send over today.

That said, I am still good with this manufacturer

Here is my artwork mine were designed from along with some quick video I just shot. This is better than photos but the green still is not true to life.

Video: https://streamable.com/3kw4ph (Phone quality is bad, view on a computer for an actual representation of color/sharpness)

View attachment 612135
colors look very good on the video. thx for doing that. I feel that the manufacturer will need to do the same, hopefully with natural light cause now its more confusing for everyone.

View attachment 612135
They look nice and sharp in the video. Thanks for that. I'm much more confident in this manf now.

colors look very good on the video. thx for doing that. I feel that the manufacturer will need to do the same, hopefully with natural light cause now its more confusing for everyone.

No problem! I’m sure it’s just crappy indoor fluorescent factory lighting with a phone of questionable quality.

No problem! I’m sure it’s just crappy indoor fluorescent factory lighting with a phone of questionable quality.
Maybe but you can easily understand that it is hard to feel confident when you see the pictures... and some pictures are contradictory, ex: white is white on a chip, but yellow on another one, on the same picture...

Maybe but you can easily understand that it is hard to feel confident when you see the pictures... and some pictures are contradictory, ex: white is white on a chip, but yellow on another one, on the same picture...

Oh absolutely, I totally understand. That’s why I’m giving the disclaimer that you shouldn’t use my experience to make your decision. I’m not liable if you don’t like the results haha.

I think someone from the factory reached out directly via email for my files. Hopefully what I provided is what they need. Please let me know if I have to make more adjustments.

Just want to confirm something, are the 43mm blanks with no mold? Do they have a recess or the circle edge around where the "inlay" is?

I did full face artwork for one set, on 43mm. If there's a mold or a recess I'll have to rethink my design

Ahhh...
Did they make a mistake or since it was just a sample, just put it on whatever they had in front of them?

Ahhh...
Did they make a mistake or since it was just a sample, just put it on whatever they had in front of them?
That's what they (the ones asking about the 43mm blanks) are trying to find out. No one has answered that question yet.

any news @wolfpack on whether or not they will be able to do videos for the samples? thx! also if we could see the 43mm mold that would be nice

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom