CAN/US custom 39mm Cards Mold small GB - Production completed (2 Viewers)

What do you mean? Are you asking which ones they are printing? I am sending them files in groups of 3.

Are there any pictures or examples of the 43mm textured chips? I'm debating up sizing from the 39mm cards mold. I went through tons of posts on the big group buy, but I'm not spotting any very easily.
Did you get a reply?

These are my Bounty chips from the 1st group buy. Just pics from Tina, I still don't have them in hand.

Bounty Chips.jpg

And these are from the scrub donkey buy - same manufacturer/printer or whatever.

20210107_205501.jpg

20210107_205816.jpg

Having delt with this vendor In the past their edge alignment is very good. From talking with them this is what I have found. They do not make their own blanks. I expect they get them from the same source as Tina. But they do their own printing.

Last edited:
@wolfpack Are you still going to stick with the Medium Flat Boxes for everything? Or will you use Larges as well? Just looking to estimate an overall budget.

I am still not sure. If @Pinesol13 is still willing to handle the reshipping I will have the final product sent to him from the factory.

Just emailed my artwork. Working on fine tuning my numbers to fit samples + 1 reshipping box :p

E/ I'm finalized with my numbers. I think it'll be more reshipping but idc :)

Last edited:
Sorry I've been absent from this recently, new job has been very busy. I'll have my artwork done and submitted this weekend and final order #'s in. My total order # may go down, I had to scrap one set, but might have one to take it's place, just hoping the artwork is done on time.

I am still not sure. If @Pinesol13 is still willing to handle the reshipping I will have the final product sent to him from the factory.

I'm still in for being the reshipper. I would like to get more information on the canadian shipping services. If it's possible for me to enter Canada to reship what service should I use? Canadian Post? Fedex? Are the flat rate boxes/options different to the ones in the US?

We still have some time to figure this all out, but just wanted to put that out there now.

These blues are a lot different than what i submitted. They look teal vs a bright sky blue. We will be able to have them change this, correct? Maybe its jjust how they are photographed?

These blues are a lot different than what i submitted. They look teal vs a bright sky blue. We will be able to have them change this, correct? Maybe its jjust how they are photographed?
The 2 most recent look different as well compared to the file

Which one are you talking about? I assume the JB? I can ask them to lighten the color on the 1, but this is what printed from the firm sent. I assume it has to be related to their printer color pallet

For my sffl design. The spot on the quarter 5 and 1000 are all light blue. And the base color of the one is light blue as well. I’ve attached the file for reference. The orange should be a lot brighter also.

Attachments

• ceramics.png
    ceramics.png
    472.3 KB · Views: 125
For my sffl design. The spot on the quarter 5 and 1000 are all light blue. And the base color of the one is light blue as well. I’ve attached the file for reference. The orange should be a lot brighter also.
Btw I designed with colors based off the color wheels for the other printer

Did you use any of the color pinwheels for reference? I bet this is just a case of how some colors look very different when printed, compared to on a screen.

In the original cards mold group buy I had to make several changes to different blue colors in my sets, seems like blue might be especially deceptive. I thought I had a very light blue, but it printed super dark.

I’m guessing it’s how they photograph it. I got my chips yesterday and have been trying to take good pictures but for the life of me cannot get this green to photograph right. It does NOT look anything like this in person (it’s a much fuller, richer green) but no matter how much I edit it I can’t get it to match. The textured surface on my chips is slightly reflective so I’m wondering if that’s the problem.

74399484-4C44-44DE-AA95-7CCF3A7ED602.jpeg

I’m guessing it’s how they photograph it. I got my chips yesterday and have been trying to take good pictures but for the life of me cannot get this green to photograph right. It does NOT look anything like this in person (it’s a much fuller, richer green) but no matter how much I edit it I can’t get it to match. The textured surface on my chips is slightly reflective so I’m wondering if that’s the problem.

View attachment 610454

Are those dimples part of the blank or part of the print? The bosco samples I have very slight dimples. Maybe I just got good samples.

Sorry I've been absent from this recently, new job has been very busy. I'll have my artwork done and submitted this weekend and final order #'s in. My total order # may go down, I had to scrap one set, but might have one to take it's place, just hoping the artwork is done on time.

I'm still in for being the reshipper. I would like to get more information on the canadian shipping services. If it's possible for me to enter Canada to reship what service should I use? Canadian Post? Fedex? Are the flat rate boxes/options different to the ones in the US?

We still have some time to figure this all out, but just wanted to put that out there now.
I'd recommend USPS. UPS and Fedex will more often than not charge a brokerage fee.

Although I read somewhere recently that Canadians can brokerage their own packages at their local customs dept, like an airport.

I'd recommend USPS. UPS and Fedex will more often than not charge a brokerage fee.

Although I read somewhere recently that Canadians can brokerage their own packages at their local customs dept, like an airport.

Thanks for the info.

Presumably, I will be driving into Canada with boxes full of chips, the shipping process starts there. So I wouldn't be using USPS. I'd be using your Canadian version. Do they have similar option with flat rate boxes? Do I need to get my hands on a bunch of canadian boxes before the chips arrive?

Gotcha. Canada post is usually the way to go. Couriers up here are quite expensive.
Thanks for the info.

Presumably, I will be driving into Canada with boxes full of chips, the shipping process starts there. So I wouldn't be using USPS. I'd be using your Canadian version. Do they have similar option with flat rate boxes? Do I need to get my hands on a bunch of canadian boxes before the chips arrive?

Thanks for the info.

With travel restrictions, I would be sure to check to be sure you can just cross the border and come back.

With travel restrictions, I would be sure to check to be sure you can just cross the border and come back.
I think the chance @Pinesol13 will be able to cross the border is very very low, I would not count on it. It's cool for him to consider it and be willing to come if possible, but I would advise Canadians to not take decisions according to that but rather consider this as a bonus if it happens. @Pinesol13 if we are lucky enough for this option to be possible, my offer on helping for the re-ship in Canada stands, same for the Canadian craft beer and the poutine ;)

Hopefully he can that would be great for Canadian chippers. Talked to vendor last night. Apparently February is holiday time in China. They are gone from 2/5 till later in the month. So hopefully all art is in by 1/17 and not to much in the way of changes from samples. If that is the case then they said they can probably have the chips printed and shippped around 2/25. They are pretty good about getting samples out quickly

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom