Can someone help point me to the best advice on removing / printing / affixing your own labels? (1 Viewer)

drbradley

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I've searched around and found lots of info but I'm a noob and might need it dumbed down or watch a tutorial if available. Thanks in advance for anyone who can point me in the best direction! Love this forum already!

Removing labels is pretty easy. Just grab an exacto knife to peel up the edge, then grab with your fingernail and pull it off. I just tried it for the first time with Royals and it wasn't too difficult.

Printing - are you looking to outsource? If so, Gear Labels is pretty much the sole source for labels dedicated for poker chips, but it sounds like he has a perpetual long wait list. Someone else on this subforum started a thread for Sticker Mule and people have had mixed, but mostly positive success with them. There are also other sticker vendors you might be able to find online.

Affixing - clean hands, gloves, or maybe a flat knife or some helper tool to minimize dirt on the adhesive. Really shouldn't be too hard.

I print all my labels/stickers on my Epson Workforce 7510 with continuous ink system. I’m using a Silhouette Cameo cutter/plotter and printing with registration marks in Silhouette Studio on Papilio white waterproof contouring inkjet adhesive paper (discounted now so I’ll have to find new sticker paper), cold laminate with Oracal 210, send through the cutter, then apply! Only problem I see with this “home based” setup is I can only get 28-35 labels per 8.5x11” sheet

I print all my labels/stickers on my Epson Workforce 7510 with continuous ink system. I’m using a Silhouette Cameo cutter/plotter and printing with registration marks in Silhouette Studio on Papilio white waterproof contouring inkjet adhesive paper (discounted now so I’ll have to find new sticker paper), cold laminate with Oracal 210, send through the cutter, then apply! Only problem I see with this “home based” setup is I can only get 28-35 labels per 8.5x11” sheet
I have a similar process, except I use a home Canon inkjet for printing and a Cricut Explore Air 2 for cutting. Is the Papilio actual paper? I've been buying vinyl sticker paper which has worked great. I read somewhere here (maybe from @Gear) that the best combo is using glossy sticker paper/vinyl with a matte laminate, so I found this matte self-adhesive laminate that I've been happy with. I should try the Oracal Oraguard 210 sometime.

I have a similar process, except I use a home Canon inkjet for printing and a Cricut Explore Air 2 for cutting. Is the Papilio actual paper? I've been buying vinyl sticker paper which has worked great. I read somewhere here (maybe from @Gear) that the best combo is using glossy sticker paper/vinyl with a matte laminate, so I found this matte self-adhesive laminate that I've been happy with. I should try the Oracal Oraguard 210 sometime.
I loved the Papilio stuff. Was made by Hemmi Papilio Supplies, LLC out of Decatur, TX but they permanent closed last year out of nowhere. I say "paper" because they were 8.5x11" sheets, solid backing, 3.2mil thick, and could be used in my printer without jamming at all. I was using their waterproof overlaminate as well before switching to Oracal 210 and since I use Oracal vinyl already, I wasn't worried about "testing" another laminate.

I was able to find a website that was cutting the Oracal 210 rolls down to 12" wide for my needs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom