Can older Paulson chips be made to look like new? (1 Viewer)

codeman00

Flush
Reaction score
Here’s some older Paulson chips. The older ones always have a lot of brown (dirt /grime) in addition to haziness which is the chips being very dry.

Can chips like these be treated so that they look like new? I assume the dirt can be removed with a sonic cleaner. But will you continually have problems with the gray haze and have to continually add mineral oil to keep them looking nice?
51D06888-CE27-4783-A3D6-0B3205CD428E.jpeg

Last edited:
Oil can only go so far; these will still have consistency problems on the dark color. Although each chip will look great on its own (after cleaning/oiling), I would expect when grouped together, you'd see all sorts of shades of dark.

With that said, if you put the time in, I'm sure this set can look hot and be acceptable by many people here...

Right. What he said. Some clean up better than others. That brown dirt grime as you describe it doesn't look like normal dirt to me - I wonder if it's mold? Either way, if the price is right and you like them, you should grab them. I'm sure with a little effort, these can be restored to looking great.

Of course, posting them here probably doubles or triples your competition. If you really want them, I'd delete the post. I'd feel fine going up to at least a grand on those, but they could certainly go for more.
Looks like these are them, though the fracs are different
http://chipguide.themogh.org/cg_chip2.php?id=CARBR

I’m definitely not in the market for them. I’m just curious. I’ve been around here for a while and I always wondered. So I thought I would ask. Hopefully I didn’t screw someone here that was trying to get them at a low price because that’s been done to me before. I guess I should’ve posted after the fact.

I appreciate the information.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom