Can I get a little help with International Shipping Forms? (1 Viewer)

TX_Golf_N_Poker

Straight Flush
Tourney Director
Supporter
Reaction score
Shipping some Aria's chips to the UK. Using the PayPal shipping app and when I printed the label I got the two full sheets of paper in the pic below. I assume the upper right corner is the label that goes on the box. What the heck do I do with the other 3 forms???

Inked20220122_140413_marked out addresses.jpg

They get stuffed in a clear plastic envelope that gets slapped on the box so they can process at customs overseas. If you take it to the Post Office, they’ll help you out.

(Sender’s copy is yours.)

They get stuffed in a clear plastic envelope that gets slapped on the box. If you take it to the Post Office, they’ll help you out.
Crap. So I have to wait in the damn line? LOL!

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that you only have to attach the top half of the page on the right (Page 1) to the package (glue or clear tape so everything is clearly visible).

Page 2 (customs declaration) is identical to Page 1 (except it doesn't contain bar code postal info), and any mail I have ever sent/received by mail just used the info from page 1 as the Customs Declaration (actually it just used a separate Customs Declaration form from the post office).

Page 3 is for the shipper/dispatcher. Fine if you are using a courier, but not needed for postal packages.

Page 4 is for your records (or for your recycle bin).

That form is designed for couriers, where they submit actual paper documents to customs. USPS packages are processed differently at the destination country, so the declaration attached to the package is sufficient.

FWIW, USPS has a much simpler Customs Declaration form, but then you have to put the address information on the package separately.

I'm pretty sure that you only have to attach the top half of the page on the right (Page 1) to the package (glue or clear tape so everything is clearly visible).

Page 2 (customs declaration) is identical to Page 1 (except it doesn't contain bar code postal info), and any mail I have ever sent/received by mail just used the info from page 1 as the Customs Declaration (actually it just used a separate Customs Declaration form from the post office).

Page 3 is for the shipper/dispatcher. Fine if you are using a courier, but not needed for postal packages.

Page 4 is for your records (or for your recycle bin).

That form is designed for couriers, where they submit actual paper documents to customs. USPS packages are processed differently at the destination country, so the declaration attached to the package is sufficient.

FWIW, USPS has a much simpler Customs Declaration form, but then you have to put the address information on the package separately.
Thanks! I went ahead and reprinted the first page on my labels and attached the top half to the box. I'll take the papers with me when I go to the post office, but it sounds like you are saying I don't really need them. I'll buzz in at the bulk drop-off door like usual and ask the postal worker that assists me if they need any of the other paperwork. Hopefully that will allow me to skip the line which seems to always be 10+ people long at my post office.

Really appreciate the detailed reply!

Thanks! I went ahead and reprinted the first page on my labels and attached the top half to the box. I'll take the papers with me when I go to the post office, but it sounds like you are saying I don't really need them. I'll buzz in at the bulk drop-off door like usual and ask the postal worker that assists me if they need any of the other paperwork. Hopefully that will allow me to skip the line which seems to always be 10+ people long at my post office.

Really appreciate the detailed reply!
Good idea to check at the post office to be sure. When shipping I have always just printed the address info on the package and then attached the customs declaration from the post office to package, and when receiving it was the same - address with single postal customs declaration. I haven't shipped a ton of stuff, so maybe there is different processes in USA, but I suspect that e-bay has a standard form for both couriers and mail, and couriers usually require multiple copies.

Good lord. I have shipped dozens of boxes overseas, and all I have done is tape the first copy to the box, put the other copies in my fire pit burn box, and ship it. 100% have reached their destination.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom