Can I Add Drop-in Cup Holders and a Chip Tray After The Fact? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Check out my poker table. I bought it a few years ago and I'm thinking about putting 9 deep drop in cup holders into the rail. Is this a good idea or should I get the "slide under the rail" cup holders and call it a day? I'm thinking slide under because it's easy. I'd also like to add a chip tray, or is that annoying if I don't have a permanent dealer? Although, there is space behind the chip tray to stack chips. Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• Poker_Table1.JPG
    Poker_Table1.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Opinions:

Don't do a chip tray. If you want chips nearby, add an under-table drawer. Chip trays if you have a perm dealer even, are marginal.

Your rail is very wide; Unless you are highly patient and skilled, it would be a LOT of work to add cupholders and you'd prob end up not liking any wrinkles in the finished product.....I added the UNDER table 'pool pocket' bottle holders that pivot under the table when not in use.....LOVE them, and they NEVER let the beverage get in the way....they hold bottles, cans, many shaped glasses; also much easier to install.

Your table looks nice.....the fewer alterations the better

Slide in cup holders. Lets people place their drink where they want. And none required if they don't want to drink.

Chip trays are really for dedicated dealers. If there is one (or you are one), then it's up to you.

I think drink carts or good 'ol TV trays are better than slide under cup holders, and I have both. If you want since you are local you are more than welcome to borrow my slide unders any time you want and check them out. I have both plastic and metal. I feel like they kind of get in the way and cards slide under them all the time. Right now I use TV trays, when I'm not watching Brady Bunch while eating dinner that is!

Or come play in my next game and you can try both out!

Looks like you have a nice table with the rail just sitting on the table. Most def get slide under, not everyone will use one and they are easy to pass out to those that want one. Better yet, if you have the space and funds get some side carts/tables. Keeps drinks off the table and avoids spills.

I have a dealer tray in my table along with a sliding drawer underneath. If I don't have a dedicated dealer I usually sit there and play with my stack to either side of the tray and do change/rebuys out of the tray.

I tried the slide unders, but had poor luck. my rail is on top of the table cloth, but is bolted down too tight to allow the cup holders to slide under. when I loosen them up enough for the cupholders, a poorly placed deal would send the cards under there as well.

Maybe I just have too many staples in the underside of the railing...

I tried the slide unders, but had poor luck. my rail is on top of the table cloth, but is bolted down too tight to allow the cup holders to slide under. when I loosen them up enough for the cupholders, a poorly placed deal would send the cards under there as well.

Maybe I just have too many staples in the underside of the railing...
I don’t bolt down the rails on my personal tables and I don’t have problems with cards sliding under the rails.

I don't really use my slide unders, I use end tables or dinner trays like Mike does.

I can't recall how many I have, I think 10 or so. I wouldn't mind keeping 3 or 4 of them if you are interested in buying the rest. I'm a local as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom