Can anyone explain my irrationality? (1 Viewer)

No kidding. I was reading this and thinking "what does he mean - irrational?"
I was thinking people buy poker chips for a good reason, usually because they're seasoned poker players and over the years they've developed an affinity for those little discs. I don't play poker, never have, never been interested in poker chips and suddenly... bam, bought two grand worth of high end clay chips. Why? I don't even know, that's the thing. "cuz they look cool" is the best I can do.

I was thinking people buy poker chips for a good reason, usually because they're seasoned poker players and over the years they've developed an affinity for those little discs. I don't play poker, never have, never been interested in poker chips and suddenly... bam, bought two grand worth of high end clay chips. Why? I don't even know, that's the thing. "cuz they look cool" is the best I can do.
I was just messing with you. I don't host that much myself, although I have been playing a bit here and there for quite a few years. I got started buying here on PCF at the beginning of the pandemic, and have now bought over 10K chips. Other than a few family games, I have not hosted a real poker night at my home once yet in the succeeding 2.5 years. So just making the point that many of us on PCF probably look pretty irrational to outsiders.

And who knows, stick around here enough, start reading some of the game playing and strategy threads and you may very well get the itch to start playing. Either way, you still fit in here just fine.

So just making the point that many of us on PCF probably look pretty irrational to outsiders.
I don't think its just outsiders. I will say as a PCFer who plays all his chips I smh at those with massive sets that never get played.

Maybe get samples, or a small set, but a set capable of supporting 4 tables that will never be played, I don't get it (and actually get frustrated when they include chips I'd like to use in playable sets).

Welcome. I thought my first set would tide me over, I bought them about 10 years ago. I was happy. I took a sabbatical of about 5 years where I didn’t think about chips.

I thought I was free.

I relapsed. 1 set is too many, and 10 sets is never enough..

I don’t know why, but in the past week I bought 800 used solids that I have no need for.

They do look cool though. You are right.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom