c-betting in 3 bet pots (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Wanted to get people's thought on strategy for c-betting in 3-bet pots. I will certainly cbet if I hit the board in a meaningful way and if the flop substantially favors my range. I usually cbet 1/3 pot. I dont bet 100% though. Wanted to share some flops and get your feedback. I am always the 3-bettor in the flops below. Putting this post together I realize I'm OOp in all of these examples. Maybe this is where I need help.

I won some of these, lost others - not saying which as it doesnt matter IMHO. Maybe later I will do some sims too.
EDIT: This is all from Ignition 6-max anonymous Zone so nou HUDs or reads.

What is your general rule for these types of configutaions as the pre-flop 3-bettor?

A:
1642890404233.png

B:
1642890542529.png

C:
1642890648861.png

D:
1642890719055.png

E:
1642890811732.png

Last edited:
Overall 3! pre is definitely profitable. These stats are for hands Hero 3!:

1642891261174.png

Here is the range based on hands 3! in Jan. So not completely linear. Definitely have some 3! bluffs in there but when called those arent often interesting post-flop!

1642891605849.png

Interesting - in Scenario A solver bets 100% of range. With AKo it splits between 1/3 and 3/4 pot.
I guess Hero does have a tighter and uncapped range while V has a condensed range.
I had thought that 9s and Ts would hit V's range harder. V also has more suited combos which can continue.
Maybe the combination of V being capped (no AA, KK, AKs and 50% AKo) and us holding AKo means that if an A or a K hits we should be ahead with best kickers too.
Hero X here.

1642896456878.png

Last edited:
Scenario B is very different in the solver. Solver is X range 55% and X 35% with our exact hand, betting 65%, mostly 3/4 pot.
Although of all the KJs it is betting our combo the most, even more than the spades combo.
Maybe this is because we have the backdoor draw and dont unblock V's continue with FDs?
Maybe with spades we semi-bluff too but if V continues it is likely that he's not on the FD as we block those calls?
Hero X here as well.

1642897064632.png

Although of all the KJs it is betting our combo the most, even more than the spades combo.
Maybe this is because we have the backdoor draw and dont unblock V's continue with FDs?

we don't really want him to have spades all else equal so probably not that.

it's hard to read into actions chosen on earlier streets - there're a lot of things it's taking into consideration in the name of being completely indecipherable on later streets. it's probably using it as a bluff severals runouts in a spot where it would otherwise be really hard to have a bluff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom