Buying golf clubs from Satan.... Fun eBay adventure!! (1 Viewer)

Mtvernonbryan

Straight
Reaction score
Below is the conversation I had back and forth from a scammer that tried to sell me a broken golf club and claim that I was the one that damaged it. I won btw - easily.

enjoy!! btw- all the sellers responses were word for word, spelling for spelling.

seller: Thanks for the purchase I am sending with the putter additional weights 15g. If you think the 10g are too light you can have a pro club fitter install these. Thanks John

me: Thank you. I bought this for a friend that knows nothing about eBay. I'll tell him because I know nothing about golf. Lol

seller: Terrific he will love the putter make sure you don't lost the weights there about $15 a piece thanks John. It will ship tomorrow you may get out on Monday or Tuesday for sure John

me: Thank you!

me: (3 days later) hey John. Club arrived today but it was severely damaged. How should we proceed?

seller: you re going to have to work out things for the Post Office. I m not a store I m just a sole proprietor and I sent you a brand-new Club

me: I'm pretty sure the way it works is I get refunded and you work things out with the post office.

seller: sorry pal there is no way the mail could have damaged the Potter the way I had it packed was airtight is s a steel shaft and it s got a head that s protected by a head cover that s more built like a helmet than anything else you ve provided me with no information of pictures therefore without going into investigation mode you may be as blame as the post office

me: Give me your email and it wont be a problem. It came in a box with zero support in the box. Are you saying that I bent the putter? You kidding me? I have much better things to do in my life than eBay scams. The putter arrived to my office today bent to all hell. Why would you think it's my responsibility to fight USPS? everything is still in my office. I'd be happy to take tall the pics you want. And why in the listing didn't you take a picture of the shaft? (shaft destroyed)

seller: where are my pictures there is no way that putter could have been damaged the way the head is protected I mean it is tempered steel so it s not like I sent glass 3000 miles away Along with A True Temper shaft that doesn t break just because an entitled post office worker drops it

me: (sends pics)

seller: there is no way that putter had zero support that s total bullshit that box was brand new it was cut down to about 38 in and it was firm as all can be keep in mind mail fraud is 7 to 10 years

me: Lol. You are a moron and we will take this up with eBay. I bought a $250 putter from you. It showed up destroyed. Why in the hell would I damage a putter that I want? I sent you pictures. We will let eBay handle this since your only explanation is that I'm committing mail fraud.

seller: you told me you knew nothing about putter so how did you buy this for yourself you re the moron you live in that gay-ass State tree-hugging faggets state

me: Haha. Truth finally comes out. You are a scammer. Well done. eBay should enjoy the screen shot of your last comment.

seller: I ve done this for 15 years how am I a scammer you re the fucking scammer the fucking pillow biter show them that one too

me: 15 years selling bunk clubs. You should be proud. You seem very educated as well. I wont accept food stamps as payment for the return so you might need to scrape together some cash for the payment unless you already spent it on meth. (not my finest moment but I was pretty pissed at this point. actually looked up his address and it was a fucking mansion!! lol)

me: This is up to eBay now.

seller: Apparently you still don t want to use the putters and anal device to send it back shipping is on you since shipping was free the first time once I get it back with the weights I sne you as a bonus I will release your funds

4 days later

seller: Remember I need those two little weights back with the putter or I will not issue a refund

me: you will get the weights

Of course I didn't just SEND him the club on a promise. I went through the resolution center so everything was documented. I saw him trying to sell the same club a week after all this. His tune changed once he knew I wasn't an idiot.

IMG_2598.JPG
IMG_2599.JPG
IMG_2600.JPG

he also said he got this for Christmas and never used it but there was a packing slip inside from only a week or so before that. fun times.

This was an awesome read. Thank you for the entertainment. Wow what a shame. I own a Scotty Cameron, and these are the holy grail of putters!! Sad sad sad. I would be very pissed as well. What did his eBay posting look like? Stock photos of the putter, or of the actual item?

Hope everything worked out for you!

not my finest moment but I was pretty pissed at this point. actually looked up his address and it was a fucking mansion!! lol)

Haha that's great! It's really too bad but not surprising he went and tried the same thing again. Worse is that eBay doesn't flag the second sale based on there determination of this resolution. You should have bought it under another account and taken a video of the unpacking then messaged him "I'mmmmm baaaaackkk"!

Did you report the subsequent listing you saw?
honestly I didn't. which I should have. I was just done at that point... My co-worker was the one that saw it relisted because he was searching for another putter. I told him if he ever wants me to purchase clubs from that guy again I will punch him in the dick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom