Buying First "Real" Table (1 Viewer)

acespelunker

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I currently host a poker game (10-12) people once a month, and am ready to invest in a good quality poker table.

Any recommendations on who/what to go with? My budget is ~$2,000.

Thanks!

Do you have the equipment and skills to build your own?
Honestly, no.

I'm pretty handy, so I'm sure I could build something professional looking with enough time and practice. The thing is, I am pretty busy with work, family, and other hobbies that take much of my time, so for convenience I would prefer to purchase something that is nice looking, and ready to be played.

Maybe one day when I have some more time, I wouldn't mind trying my hand and building a nice table myself. I've seen some members on this forum do some incredible work.

I currently host a poker game (10-12) people once a month, and am ready to invest in a good quality poker table.

Any recommendations on who/what to go with? My budget is ~$2,000.

Thanks!
Check out Pharaoh Manufacturing out of Glendale, CA. Highest of quality.

PM me with any questions.

In no particular order:

1. Chanman tables (a PCF favorite)
2. Big Slik poker tables (currently making my table). My friend has one.
3. BBO poker tables. Another friend has 2 tables.
4. Gorilla Gaming poker tables ( if u need folding legs, these are the ones to get). Another friend has 1.
5. k&J poker tables. Another friend has 1. High end. Expensive.

Check out Split Pot Gaming on Facebook. He also has a website. He’s in Utah. I just purchased one and it’s pretty nice. I was close enough I just picked it up.
The Gorilla legs were an option he uses, but they were out of stock until April some time. So I plan to replace them later.

I would look at:
Chanman tables - Great Member, supporter, and Site Vendor
http://www.pplpoker.com/ - has ties to the community and great looking tables

BBO has had some negative reviews on the forum and not a supporter of the site, worth searching this forum

If I learned anything from the last month of the forum, is that you'll be constantly rebuilding your plans for a table. I feel like I'll never pull the trigger lol
Have you selected the shape you want for your table? Thats really the first and hardest step imo check out this awesome graphic of table shapes

Check out this Elliptical build thread, I posted a pic of my table at the end

I have a table from BBO poker tables that I purchased last year if you were interested in that route. No experience shipping something of that size but it’s obviously something that can be looked into.

It’s pretty large for the space I use it in and I’ve been looking at getting a smaller round table to use more regularly and store the other one.

Completely understand the desire to get something brand new, though! Just a thought.

2F9EC881-ED7A-44A1-885B-D876150DABFB.jpeg
CC0745FF-502A-415D-9AB6-D213EB196973.jpeg
2973B9F3-4D62-4D43-A9C4-D6EB5ED07B9E.jpeg

I have a table from BBO poker tables that I purchased last year if you were interested in that route. No experience shipping something of that size but it’s obviously something that can be looked into.

It’s pretty large for the space I use it in and I’ve been looking at getting a smaller round table to use more regularly and store the other one.

Completely understand the desire to get something brand new, though! Just a thought.

View attachment 890714View attachment 890715View attachment 890716
Love the blue

In no particular order:

1. Chanman tables (a PCF favorite)
2. Big Slik poker tables (currently making my table). My friend has one.
3. BBO poker tables. Another friend has 2 tables.
4. Gorilla Gaming poker tables ( if u need folding legs, these are the ones to get). Another friend has 1.
5. k&J poker tables. Another friend has 1. High end. Expensive.
Why did you go with Big Slik over the other options?

Have you selected the shape you want for your table? Thats really the first and hardest step imo check out this awesome graphic of table shapes

Check out this Elliptical build thread, I posted a pic of my table at the end
Beautiful table. Im looking for the standard oval shape with no dealer…trying to convince myself that I can build it myself lol

Why did you go with Big Slik over the other options?
I have friends (other hosts) that have BBO, GG, k&j, and big Slik. All of them are nice well made tables. I though k&j and big Slik were more customizable. But big Slik was the most flexible on the things I wanted (and I wanted more than a few upgrades). Eric (big slick owner) has ties to this community as well. I hope to start getting progress pics in the next few days which I will
Post on my goldfish thread.

I’m also looking for oval shape, or ellipse.

Gorilla Gaming’s “Illuminati” is pretty nice, but quite pricey. I’ve heard their build quality is actually pretty decent though.

I heard Chanman tables are amazing, but that he isn’t taking orders atm.

@ImCrossland that table looks great! I’m really looking to customize it a bit for our game, or I would definitely consider it. Id agree that the blue does look sharp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom