Buyers Beware (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
There have been some scam attempts coming via email offering to sell ES chips for cheap. The person is using the name Kenneth Hybargar from Phoenix AZ and is asking for payment via Walmart. This person has scammed members of another forum recently using the same name.

This type of scam usually stems from someone's phone having a virus. It send copies of texts and emails to someone. Then this person will contact people out of the blue offering to sell them what they are looking for.

Last edited:
As a precaution, I suggest downloading some sort of virus scan app like Malwarebytes and run a scan on your phone.

Last edited:
With this type of scam, the person is usually not a member of the forum. They skim emails, contact info, text messages (and whatever else) from an infected phone. Then they use the info from those emails and messages to figured out what you want to buy. They contact you and offer to sell it to you. The scammer sent images of ES chips to someone here today. These images might help identify who they belong to (or who received them) and if they or a person they communicated with has an infected phone.

Here are the images.
3D6FAD1A-EDA0-4D59-826E-6BFD0C0112B5.jpeg 41BBFD5C-FB7C-41CB-8DF6-97A7986E64A2.jpeg 080F8CB7-1D32-444C-887B-59624870DCB4.jpeg

And they copied info from this listing...some word for word.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/auction-empress-star-cash-set-1000pc.27067/

2018-03-14_23-18-15.jpg

The dude offered me ES Secondary chips for $4.05 a chip. But his breakdown was not good...

81 x 25

72 x 100

36 x 500

108 x 1000

108 x 5000

22 x 25000

22 x 100000

The price he offered me was less than $2 a chip. I determined that he got my email address from a ChipTalk post. Another fellow on Chip Talk also got the same email I got. He refused to use PayPal- even if I paid the fees. Insisted on something called Walmart Pay.

Here is the embedded details from one of the photos. I'm not that familiar how this is generated, changed, etc, so it could mean nothing. Was the pic really taken today at 7:27am? I doubt it. I think that photo was posted on the forum a while back.

Who is this Okoh Emmanuel Eni? :unsure:

2018-03-15_0-21-37.jpg

Scam attempts... but no one actually dropped 2 large right? That would be devestating !!

Thanks for the heads-up. (y) :thumbsup:

I'm usually good when someone I don't know sends me a fabulous offer out of the blue you know, buy minty chips, great mortgage deal, buy gold cheap, enlarge my penis, etc.... o_O:whistle: :whistling:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom