Buyer Beware (3 Viewers)

I don't log in for a couple of days and Zaki goes on an unnecessary public rant. Dude, it hasn't even been two weeks since you agreed to wait for the results of the claim I put in with USPS.

From 5/2:
"I completely forgot that USPS has a claim process. That would be better so neither of us have to fork out anything and just keep transaction as is."

Plus I had to get a Statement of Value from Matsui so I could submit the claim. We spoke about that when I asked if you knew who I could reach out to.

From 5/6:
"I believe Mel, liftapint, purchased these in bulk one time from Matsui, hundreds of them to redistribute to members. If you ask her I’m sure she can provide info."

You also keep moving the goal post from cracked racks, to tape residue on the racks, to hazy racks a week later. I'm expecting your next PM to say that there are no Matsui chips on the racks.

You received the chips on 5/2, I submitted the USPS claim on 5/9, today is 5/14. IMO, this was over dramatic on your part. I will fairly address your concerns via PM, but feel free to continue your wacky rant and to leave neg feedback

I don't log in for a couple of days and Zaki goes on an unnecessary public rant. Dude, it hasn't even been two weeks since you agreed to wait for the results of the claim I put in with USPS.

From 5/2:
"I completely forgot that USPS has a claim process. That would be better so neither of us have to fork out anything and just keep transaction as is."

Plus I had to get a Statement of Value from Matsui so I could submit the claim. We spoke about that when I asked if you knew who I could reach out to.

From 5/6:
"I believe Mel, liftapint, purchased these in bulk one time from Matsui, hundreds of them to redistribute to members. If you ask her I’m sure she can provide info."

You also keep moving the goal post from cracked racks, to tape residue on the racks, to hazy racks a week later. I'm expecting your next PM to say that there are no Matsui chips on the racks.

You received the chips on 5/2, I submitted the USPS claim on 5/9, today is 5/14. IMO, this was over dramatic on your part. I will fairly address your concerns via PM, but feel free to continue your wacky rant and to leave neg feedback

Ill make it short. Don’t blame the USPS for the other issues you failed to disclose. As you can see from the messages I sent you, I was being very diplomatic and in a sense was saying, “sure claim it on USPS, let’s just get it over with.”

There’s really nothing over dramatic about pointing someone out that wants to just get away from making it right and pinning it all on the shipping courier. It’s actually really funny and tasteless at the same time considering you and I have spent far more on chips and yet your cheap ass didn’t wanna just make it right and get it over with hence why I blasted you. Nothing to me is worse than someone who is both cheap and tries to wash his hands of any responsibility in a matter. It’s pretty pathetic. Post deserved bud and I don’t give a shit if you think it’s not. I’ve got damn good chip karma here and treat everybody very well going above and beyond to help us enjoy. You don’t obviously know how to do the same and don’t give a rats ass for building good rapport. I don’t care if you do, but you’re just upset I called you out on your dodging and constant attempts to avoid losing small amount of money. Hilarious.

You forgot to copy and past the message where I offered to pay for part of the return shipping to send them back to you. You will not receive another PM and you will not receive another message entertaining you being a complete jackass. Make a fool out of yourself and try to justify that you sold me racks that were heavily used and cracked for far more than you should have. That’s really all there is to it. Have a good day snake.

Last edited:
What the hell, two pages in and no pictures of postal working cats scratching up packages?
Geez, you guys are getting slack....
T

13785.jpg

Good as I could get....

Can you post a link to the original ad?

It's clear you feel misled about the condition of the products you received. Did you see pictures at any point before committing to buy?
Damn! I have spent a decent amount recently on some nice chips and all of the sellers have been great with feedback tracking etc...which is awesome. However after reading this, now I am hesitant to drop some big bucks on some chips. As I am a new collector, for those who have spent bookoo bucks, what are some of the big ticket items you look for before purchasing? Eg more emphasis on the pictures or description? Feedback? I dont want to be the guy on the end of a shafty deal and after reading this, how common is getting shafted on PCF. Seems like it would be rare considering the people I have dealt with but then again, i have only been on here a few week or not even. Thanks!

I agree. The feedback system isn't used properly. Its difficult when its a thumbs up or thumbs down. Neutral feedback really doesn't affect anything, I don't even think it reduces your rating from 100%. I think a star rating system might be more appropriate especially when people seem so against negative feedback. I've had tons of good transactions, but I've had some that I would have probably given 4 stars instead of 5 and so on. It is what it is though, I've learned to be cautious about things that could be questionable. Some sellers I'll buy from with zero thought though. I know either through past transactions, detailed pics or whatever that the transaction is going to be solid.
Why doesnt PCF switch to a star rating system? Just about everywhere else uses them: hotels, restaurants, doctors ??? I think it would be worth implementing as users would easily be able to discern who, or who not, to do business with rather easily.

As I am a new collector, for those who have spent bookoo bucks, what are some of the big ticket items you look for before purchasing?

First off welcome :)

Use common sense with any transaction. A seller with a new account and a low post count/# of positive marks should be treated with caution. I've traded with individuals who fall into that category... some extra diligence is necessary. It's not unreasonable to ask for a link to a person's FB/LinkedIn or their number to verify that they're indeed a real person to make you feel more comfortable with the transaction. Another thing you can do is ask for additional, fresh pictures.

In some circumstances, it's even appropriate to ask someone to ask someone to ship first if you don't know them. All in all - 99% of the people here are solid but it's just like any other deal with strangers you met online... do it what it takes to establish trust or don't do the deal.

Why doesnt PCF switch to a star rating system? Just about everywhere else uses them: hotels, restaurants, doctors ??? I think it would be worth implementing as users would easily be able to discern who, or who not, to do business with rather easily.

I don't know the backend of the software, but switching to a different rating system might not be that easy. Maybe there's an out of the box solution for that... or perhaps there's a lot of customization and testing that would be required. Adding features to a dynamic, user-generated-content website isn't an overnight process and could require a significant investment.

The other thing is that PCF is not a marketplace and features that turn it into one are probably not going to be well received. Yes there is a marketplace here, but this is a community before anything else. If you're just here to buy/sell/trade that's perfectly acceptable and there are many members who do that and little else. But most people spend time here to build relationships centric to a common interest.

First off welcome :)

Use common sense with any transaction. A seller with a new account and a low post count/# of positive marks should be treated with caution. I've traded with individuals who fall into that category... some extra diligence is necessary. It's not unreasonable to ask for a link to a person's FB/LinkedIn or their number to verify that they're indeed a real person to make you feel more comfortable with the transaction. Another thing you can do is ask for additional, fresh pictures.

In some circumstances, it's even appropriate to ask someone to ask someone to ship first if you don't know them. All in all - 99% of the people here are solid but it's just like any other deal with strangers you met online... do it what it takes to establish trust or don't do the deal.

I don't know the backend of the software, but switching to a different rating system might not be that easy. Maybe there's an out of the box solution for that... or perhaps there's a lot of customization and testing that would be required. Adding features to a dynamic, user-generated-content website isn't an overnight process and could require a significant investment.

The other thing is that PCF is not a marketplace and features that turn it into one are probably not going to be well received. Yes there is a marketplace here, but this is a community before anything else. If you're just here to buy/sell/trade that's perfectly acceptable and there are many members who do that and little else. But most people spend time here to build relationships centric to a common interest.
Thanks for the reply and insight! I understand and what you said makes sense. I feel bad for the people getting inexplicably burned but it seems like thats a rarity. So far the community has been great to me!

Damage looks very minor; visual only; doesn't affect functionality.
I wouldn't be ecstatic with the transaction, but, they are CHIP RACKS, not Ming vases.
Why do they need to be perfect?
if it is 'the principle' then go for it; you don't need anyone else's opinion.
Looks nitpicky to me.

I wouldn't be ecstatic with the transaction, but, they are CHIP RACKS, not Ming vases.
Looks nitpicky to me.

I long forgot the condition of the items. Doesn’t bother me at this point and I’m actually sending them back without asking for a refund. It’s the deflecting of my questions as to why it wasn’t disclosed not to mention damage was blamed entirely on USPS. Be a man and accept responsibility for at least a portion of what you should not just avoid answering questions and pinning all on someone else. Clearly some just lack common sense or a pair, to be as blunt as possible lol

Thanks for the reply and insight! I understand and what you said makes sense. I feel bad for the people getting inexplicably burned but it seems like thats a rarity. So far the community has been great to me!

You can't trust "the community". You can trust some solid people while you can't trust others, just like real life. Most people are fine but everyone has their own "shitlist" and with good reason. Most people won't outright scam but some of the even veteran members can be a giant pain in the ass to deal with.

You can't trust "the community" but you can trust some solid people while you can't trust others. Most people are fine but everyone has their own "shitlist" and with good reason. Most people won't outright scam but some of the even veteran members can be a giant pain in the ass to deal with.

In the seller’s defense, not a scam. Scam to me would be not even sending them after I paid. He did that. All I ask is when asked why you didn’t disclose things, answer and accept responsibility even if you don’t intend on making it right by means of partial or full refund. Grow a pair and actually admit to it rather than deny it. Otherwise, you’re just looked at as a dipshit.

Looks nitpicky to me.

I don’t agree with this post, if they were shipped in that condition then that should have been disclosed. Not everyone has your (apparently) very low standards when it comes to disclosure of condition.

I’ve gotten Matsui racks in multiple shipments from US members (at least twice from @liftapint) and they’ve never been damaged in shipping. They were also extremely well packaged.

I don’t agree with this post, if they were shipped in that condition then that should have been disclosed. Not everyone has your (apparently) very low standards when it comes to disclosure of condition.

I’ve gotten Matsui racks in multiple shipments from US members (at least twice from @liftapint) and they’ve never been damaged in shipping. They were also extremely well packaged.

As in the beginning of @hdgeno’s post, sure I’ll still buy them, not a big deal. Tell me however that they’ve got scratches and are heavily used so I can have the chance to pay accordingly or at least know what to expect. Don’t just be a dbag and deny any knowledge of anything. Yes, that’s a character trait of a dbag, that and deflecting.

Literally 10 minutes of my life I cant get back. Silly.

Hence the post. Just baffles me that 1) a small purchase means that much to you to f* over another PCF member and 2) you’re a dbag that can’t respond to simple questions. Top it off with quoting only portions of the messaging he deems worthy of quoting while leaving out the remainder of my very diplomatic responses. Touché lol

yeah man, this thread is too much, seriously, you posted a wanted ad, he tried to get you something you wanted. I get it, you don’t like the racks, but this ain’t Amazon prime man, PayPal has a feature that might help, Goods and Services.

and PCF has a feedback feature, not a
Rip A Chipper A New A-Hole
section of the forums.

@johnnycnote I woulda sent that money back right away though... I’ve sold a lot on eBay and here, (never had any issues here) but it just ain’t worth it dude. From here on out your new moniker is Johnny50, because you owe him half j\k

Last edited:
yeah man, this thread is too much, seriously, you posted a wanted ad, he tried to get you something you wanted. I get it, you don’t like the racks, but this ain’t Amazon prime man, PayPal has a feature that might help, Goods and Services.

and PCF has a feedback feature, not a
Rip A Chipper A New A-Hole
section of the forums.

@johnnycnote I woulda sent that money back right away though... I’ve sold a lot on eBay and here, (never had any issues here) but it just ain’t worth it dude. From here on out your new moniker is Johnny50, because you owe him half j\k

Zaki received everything he asked for back in May. As far as I know we're good. But yeah, I hear you. Worked my way back up to johnny99.99

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom