Button Blind Only? Anyone Do This? (1 Viewer)

merkong

Flush
Reaction score
With all the talk about the insignificance of the small blind, are there any games out there that have only the button post a blind?

The button is really in great position pre flop and in optimal position post flop.

Anyone?

A single button blind seems very strange to me. You have the power of last action on all streets, but now also have it as the only blind.

I don't know, honestly. Maybe others can chime in, but I see cases where hands get folded around to the one blind. I was always under the impression that the blind bets were there to force action.

We do it in a underground game, no blinds, straddle the button 5 to 15. I don't like it because the game, if there are blinds has a Mississippi straddle. so it takes the option of that away.

I think Button Single blind only work if it pair with Ante by everyone.

If not, everyone will only be playing premium hand since they are out of position and only 1 single blind

I think Button Single blind only work if it pair with Ante by everyone.

If not, everyone will only be playing premium hand since they are out of position and only 1 single blind
lol you should see the action in the game I play in with the button straddle, we took out 1/2 blinds because they get in the way, if there isn't a real raise its 40 to go every flop, we've had 7 way action for stacks pre-flop 500-1350, one such time I had suited AA's another dude had AA77, flopped it =/ quad 7s (omaha)

Why not have a single small blind? Like instead of $.50/1 just have a single $2 blind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom