But I don't WANT to go back... (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally made it to the Island Redbelly. That was one long swim, I wasn't sure witch way to go. Had great time at DCS4 this weekend and I'm with the people. Greg's tring to salvage the ship but looks to be a lil to late.
I find the white screen soothing to my eyes lol... No really I've been looking at that CT blue for like 10 years.

I am a paid lifetime member at CT. I didn't know life ended at 45. I am definitely here to stay, and am hoping this site continues the current run in becoming the new primary site for the chip enthusiast community. I like gnus myspace/facebook analogy.

Most of the regs from CT seemed to have made it here. Anyone seen parrothead though? Someone should tell him we're all over here. ;)

I hope that greg's site can survive long enough to keep the chip factory alive until a new one can be built. Like butler, I will probably read threads over there, but only start new ones here.

Anyway, great work Tommy, thanks for the home, and glad to see the mass exodus underway.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

^This^ sums it up perfectly for me (emphasis mine). It's a no-brainer decision.

CT will be merely a research tool, until the vast volume of posted knowledge there resides on here, too. Pr0n can always be re-posted.

Greg has already mentioned joining up over here, after he gets things sorted out over there. I will certainly welcome his presence and contributions here. I've never met him, but those I have and those I trust and respect say he's a great guy. So I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, although there is no question he sucks as a businessman. Lots of heavy, heavy stuff in his life, and I know first-hand how that weighs on the psyche. More now than ever, he needs friends and personal support, and I wish him well.

Great, I have not seen a post out of greg that contributed to the community in the 5 years I have been a member there. I hope he is no less a member here.

I, too, will check both as often as I can but I have already found myself keeping up here and only checking in over there every once in a while. I am glad to have found this site.

Personally... Tommy is great and it is nice to have multiple sites to visit and ultimately find that perfect set of chips... I go everywhere to find sets and in that search there are several Euro sites as well to get lucky from .... I think this is not about here or there.... it is about CHIPS .....I'm excited Tommy shares in that obsession. :D I have already sold a set to the fella and it was smooth as silk. This site is clean and flows a lot cleaner than CT but alas the internet as BeerLover so kindly said is pretty big and both places are in my favorites.......I can tell you that if there was a site called FREEVEGASCHIPS.com and it lived up to the web address and I'm sure we would crash those servers in a hot minute :) .... Its all about the people and the finds ! CHIP ON !

I'm here. I have not yet deleted the CT shortcut from my bookmark bar, but space is precious on the bookmark bar. If it gets bumped into the "other bookmarks" folder, it becomes incredibly unlikely that I will return to big blue. I just don't have the time to read every thread in 2 forums.

ChipTalk is my first wife. Stuff happened. We both accept our shares of the blame. We parted ways without a harsh word ever spoken between us. Life moves on.

CT is a wealth of information, and that information stems from the community, not the website. How many times has BGinGA posted the exact same tournament structure? How many times have the words "you don't need a T50 chip" been typed? How often has a question been answered by directing a user to a 5-10 year old thread? Those questions will undoubtedly be asked again here, and the information will bring up new conversations.

Life moves on. To move on, I must accept the change. CT will always be dear to me, but we can no longer live together. I will miss you CT, and I will call on you occasionally to make sure things are all right. But I won't be starting new posts with you.

The only thing really that will be sorely missed (if CT eventually goes down in flames) is the Chip Factory. Many an hour has been spent mocking up chips :(

Well I'm not going back "over there"

I did see another thread on "the other site" and for continuity I did post quotes to these 2 posts over there:

It's all about the community, and where you want to spend your time. Tommy runs a great site (always has), and it's getting better with each passing day. There's certainly no reason to leave, and many reasons to stay.

^This^ sums it up perfectly for me (emphasis mine). It's a no-brainer decision.

CT will be merely a research tool, until the vast volume of posted knowledge there resides on here, too. Pr0n can always be re-posted.

Greg has already mentioned joining up over here, after he gets things sorted out over there. I will certainly welcome his presence and contributions here. I've never met him, but those I have and those I trust and respect say he's a great guy. So I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, although there is no question he sucks as a businessman. Lots of heavy, heavy stuff in his life, and I know first-hand how that weighs on the psyche. More now than ever, he needs friends and personal support, and I wish him well.

I understand if you 2 are upset with me. I hope your both not too mad. I just thought you should hear it from me than from someone else.

After this, I promise not to be divisive anymore. No more arguing with Jbutler about politics and what not. ... Who am I kidding; he's probably already got me on permanent ignore anyway. ;) But seriously, I know I'm not the most popular guy here, I just don't want to turn into Mojo. I don't show up often but getting shunned would suck. I just wanted to tell you what I did. Feel free to shoot me down for it.

Psy

Last edited:
Nah, but I did feel a need to clarify my stance. I'm a member of both sites, and will continue to be. I don't see a need to choose between them.

Well I'm not going back "over there"

I did see another thread on "the other site" and for continuity I did post quotes to these 2 posts over there:

I understand if you 2 are upset with me. I hope your both not too mad. I just thought you should hear it from me than from someone else.

After this, I promise not to be divisive anymore. No more arguing with Jbutler about politics and what not. ... Who am I kidding; he's probably already got me on permanent ignore anyway. ;) But seriously, I'm know I'm not the most popular guy here, I just don't want to turn into Mojo. I don't show up often but getting shunned would suck. I just wanted to tell you what I did. Feel free to shoot me down for it.

Psy

Think of this as a new, clean slate. There were some members at CT that I had on my ignore list that I'm getting along with now here. A change of scenery never hurts. Let's just focus on the poker and the chips and skip the drama :)

Nah, but I did feel a need to clarify my stance. I'm a member of both sites, and will continue to be. I don't see a need to choose between them.
Understood :) and thanks for going easy on me.

Think of this as a new, clean slate. There were some members at CT that I had on my ignore list that I'm getting along with now here. A change of scenery never hurts. Let's just focus on the poker and the chips and skip the drama :)
Great advice. Consider it done :)

For those worried about information and pictures going missing, I would go to www.archive.org and manually enter in all of your favorite threads to back them up for all to see forever.

Welcome, I'm torn too, but keep coming back here more and more...

nitzilla

I can tell you a few things noobs can appreciate. First is being welcomed to a site. The next is for members to be helpful even when your post has been made 150 times. As a noob you are finding your way. I like that my questions get an answer or the links are given to read again. I've been a member of other non chip sites that have attitude with vet members telling you to do a search yourself. I do not get that feeling here (THX). Now if everyone will just lay down and sell me their chips I need...

There is room in my heart for both sites. I heard about Greg's family issue long before it became public but chose to respect his privacy. The sandbox of life is big enough for two sites that love the same topic.

Just to echo slisk250,
this whole forum has been welcoming and friendly, since day 1 for me. So many forums are cold to newbies and shut them out. That hasn't been the case here at all. My first post was the newb of all newb questions and no one was a jerk and everyone was gracious (even though they probably answered that same question numerous times). The good natured ribbing about my flaming cue logo cemented how much I like this site.
well done Tommy

I find this site easier to use and the sale section is a part of the main site so i can search peopes names easily whereas on ct the sale secti8n is dicky and is ddisconnected from the main forum.

Plus, i get to have an avatar here and there is no us/them supporters/non supporters feeling.

I still lurk occasionally, and, I agree, there is enough room for two sites. However, the accusations that were thrown around have left a bad taste in my mouth where CT is concerned.

Big blue aint too blue anymore though.
Have to admit, looks pretty snazzy now 'over there'. But all the chip sharks are over here right now so my attention is here .. mostly.

I'm probably biased but I like the defined separation between each post in a thread. Here we have a dark grey header and space between each post and over there now it kinda seems like all the posts blend into one in the threads. Not saying its bad just not what I like lol :).

I have been visiting online hobby forums for a decade or so but am totally new to poker chip forums. I lurked both forums infrequently for a couple of months before joining this one. Why this one? The people were friendlier. Yes, there is a ton of info available over on CT but a good google search can provide more. I posted here because I liked the vibe better. Threads here seem shorter and more on topic with less nonsense which inevitably happens the longer a thread gets.

Its a good hobby, I have learned stuff I never knew. Bought stuff I didn't need. And have wasted hours on eBay that I can never get back.

Thanks.

so whats the story now? I have not really visited big blue in a few weeks but I did just go on there now to look for a bit.

how are things there? starting to balance out a bit again?

I only go there to check the CPS Group Buy thread and that's it. Tommy has my support and my traffic.

There's the group buy thread, assorted newb questions, some increased classified activity, and contests started by members to try support the site. Most of the poker strategy, design critique and off topic discussion is happening here.

Yeah same here. I went back a couple of weeks ago to check on status of the CT calendar. I sent what I thought was a PM to Greg with my address and apparently I sent a "conversation" to about 50 people...so confused. I haven't gone back since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom