Bullets Playing Cards (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I bought two decks of bullets playing cards poker size jumbo index a few months back. I really like these cards a lot. Any opinions on them? Anybody else familiar? Also I got two decks of DaVinci. They're also pretty decent. I have Copag And they're very nice cards. Just wondering about anybody else's experience with the decks I've listed

I’ve been looking at the bullet cards but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Copag, not a big fan for the long term. I’ve owned a few sets over the years and they all get spider cracks in them. I did gamble with “Ice cards” and they are good so far.

I’ve been looking at the bullet cards but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Copag, not a big fan for the long term. I’ve owned a few sets over the years and they all get spider cracks in them. I did gamble with “Ice cards” and they are good so far.
Yeah, Copag are nice....a bit thin for my tastes. The Bullets are really nice....a paper like feel ...I know it sounds weird. I really like them

One of my poker buddies bought a set of Bullets and we played with them a couple of weeks ago. They were actually a pretty good card. It appears they are made in Germany.

They've been a workhorse in my heads-up drinking game with my friend. They were my first plastic cards, and I still love them. They've held up over 2 years now. Joker card (although not used) is one of my favorites!

The cards have a funny smell, though...

Check Redneck Database 2.0 for assessment and review.
Never had any myself but I heard they quite stiff. No idea on durability....

A friend of mine owns a set of bullets that we've been using for our weekly games and they are certainly premium cards. The first set of "nice" cards i've ever used that cost as much as kem, copag, etc. I finally got a set of kem cards for myself to use when I host games and in comparison, bullets feel more firm compared to the kem cards which I've found to prefer over the kem cards.

I recently got a set of bridge size desjgn (red & black) cards to add to my collection due to the what everyone says about them on this forum. After playing with bullets, KEMs, well as the desjgn cards I have few thoughts on them.

In terms of how stiff/firm they feel, bullets are the stiffest/firmest, dejgns are in the middle, and KEMs feel the softest/flexible. I find the stiffer/firmer cards are easier to riffle shuffle. The more flexible the cards, the more chance you'll grab 2 or more cards with the thumb as you pull the corner/edge of the card up to begin to layer them on top of each other. However, I'm assuming the benefit of more flexible cards is that they're less likely to crease/warp and keep to their original shape after a ton of use/shuffles. I guess this is why KEMs have a reputation for being durable/holding up after years of use.

In term of how slippery/smooth the backs of the cards are, bullets are the most smooth, desjgns are in the middle, and KEMs are less smooth/rougher (don't confuse this with a bad feel). I find the bullets are the easiest to push together during a riffle shuffle, desjgns again are in the middle, & the KEM cards take more effort to push together. However, this smoother back of the card also leads to a higher likelihood of the top card sliding off the top of the deck after being put down. If you're playing surface isn't level, you may find that to be a problem.

With these differences in mind, do I think you should consider getting a set of bullets if you already have a set of KEMs or Desjgns? Not really, unless you find that you really want a deck that is firmer/smoother compared to KEMs. If you have a set of desjgns, the differences are small but noticeable.

After using a set of Desjgn cards, I can see why users on this forum like them so much. They're very much the Goldilocks of cards in terms of how they feel. Desjgns are right in the middle of stiffness & smoothness. Considering they cost less than KEMs/bullets AND include a cut card (when being shipped in the US), i'd recommend them to anyone looking for their first set of plastic cards. I find it ridiculous now that sets of premiums cards costing over $20 don't include a plastic cut card.

If you're the one shuffling/dealing at your games and you want firmer cards that are easy to shuffle & deal I can recommend the bullets in that case. Just don't forget your cut card.

I recently got a set of bridge size desjgn (red & black) cards to add to my collection due to the what everyone says about them on this forum. After playing with bullets, KEMs, well as the desjgn cards I have few thoughts on them.

In terms of how stiff/firm they feel, bullets are the stiffest/firmest, dejgns are in the middle, and KEMs feel the softest/flexible. I find the stiffer/firmer cards are easier to riffle shuffle. The more flexible the cards, the more chance you'll grab 2 or more cards with the thumb as you pull the corner/edge of the card up to begin to layer them on top of each other. However, I'm assuming the benefit of more flexible cards is that they're less likely to crease/warp and keep to their original shape after a ton of use/shuffles. I guess this is why KEMs have a reputation for being durable/holding up after years of use.

In term of how slippery/smooth the backs of the cards are, bullets are the most smooth, desjgns are in the middle, and KEMs are less smooth/rougher (don't confuse this with a bad feel). I find the bullets are the easiest to push together during a riffle shuffle, desjgns again are in the middle, & the KEM cards take more effort to push together. However, this smoother back of the card also leads to a higher likelihood of the top card sliding off the top of the deck after being put down. If you're playing surface isn't level, you may find that to be a problem.

With these differences in mind, do I think you should consider getting a set of bullets if you already have a set of KEMs or Desjgns? Not really, unless you find that you really want a deck that is firmer/smoother compared to KEMs. If you have a set of desjgns, the differences are small but noticeable.

After using a set of Desjgn cards, I can see why users on this forum like them so much. They're very much the Goldilocks of cards in terms of how they feel. Desjgns are right in the middle of stiffness & smoothness. Considering they cost less than KEMs/bullets AND include a cut card (when being shipped in the US), i'd recommend them to anyone looking for their first set of plastic cards. I find it ridiculous now that sets of premiums cards costing over $20 don't include a plastic cut card.

If you're the one shuffling/dealing at your games and you want firmer cards that are easy to shuffle & deal I can recommend the bullets in that case. Just don't forget your cut card.
Bullets are the same price as Desjgn if you buy them off of Amazon $24.99 for a set up

I have 2 set ups of Desjgn Cards and neither of them came with a Cut Card

Yeah, they used to.
Interesting, i ordered my set of desjgn from their eBay store. Their description is:
"This listing is for one (1) set of two bridge size, blackjack (medium) index decks recently released, called Classic Diamond, which comes in a stylish silver-trimmed foil 2-deck box. A cut card is included. You will receive decks with Dragon (red) and Gorgon (black) backs."

My mistake on the costs.

Interesting, i ordered my set of desjgn from their eBay store. Their description is:
"This listing is for one (1) set of two bridge size, blackjack (medium) index decks recently released, called Classic Diamond, which comes in a stylish silver-trimmed foil 2-deck box. A cut card is included. You will receive decks with Dragon (red) and Gorgon (black) backs."

My mistake on the costs.
I’m pretty sure I remember @desjgn saying that he hand-packs those setup boxes, so maybe he packs some with cut cards and some without, depending on how he’s selling them. All I know is I’ve bought probably 5 desjgn setups over the years sometimes I’ve gotten a cut card and sometimes I haven’t. And I don’t think I could care less. It’s not about the cut card!

I’ve always received a cut card. My first two setups came with a very thick (nice jDesign logo) cut card but subsequent purchases have come with a blank/thinner card. Not complaining just noting.

I’ve always received a cut card. My first two setups came with a very thick (nice jDesign logo) cut card but subsequent purchases have come with a blank/thinner card. Not complaining just noting.
Thinner cut cars are better anyway. Those credit card thickness cards that people around here have had made - they're cool for showing off and handing out, but functionally, they're annoying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom