Bullets playing cards poker chips (1 Viewer)

It says in the Amazon ad approximate weight of chip is 12g. That's not a good sign ........ I mean, aren't dice chips 11.5g? That tells me all I need right there to say no to this item.

I’m not sure about those chips specifically, but they seem like overpriced plastic slugged chips. If you want heavier chips like that you can look for claysmith chips that are about half the price. Or if you’re looking to spend around that Amazon price you can get a set of Milanos or something similar.

12g is a heavy, definitely slugged chip. Get samples, examine a few questions:
1. How do they stack? If practical stacks of 25 push solid into the middle, thumbs up.
2. How do they sound? Better slugged chips have a softer plastic that muffles the metal clink sound. 14g Claysmiths and vintage 12g Nexgens are good examples.
3. How do they feel? Does 12g feel too heavy in your hand?

Slugged isn’t always bad. I loved my Nexgens. It’s just real clay or ceramic chips are always better.

I like the way they look! But if it were me I wouldn’t gamble on them. For that price point I feel like there are a bunch of good “vetted” chips.

I do have their cards and they seem pretty good.

I have a set of slugged plastic chips. They're very heavy (13g), hard, and slick, which are downsides. But I got them because I love the way they look.

I enjoy them. I have a lot of different sets, and I enjoy them all for different reasons.

The chips you linked to have a unique, interesting graphic design. If you really like the way they look, then by all means consider buying them. But be advised that they're almost certainly going to be heavy, hard, and slick simply because they're mass-market slugged plastic. They're also pretty expensive relative to most other mass-market slugged plastics, and the breakdown (how many chips there are of each denomination) is somewhat awkward.

Unless you're in love with the design, I'd pass. There are lots of other interesting designs to choose from on chips that are less expensive for the same quality, or much higher quality for not too much more money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom