Building Poker Tools in San Francisco (1 Viewer)

Also I would like the option to output a csv file with the activity log to see how many buyins

I like it but I can’t figure out how to delete a game. I created it to test /play with but don’t want it anymore. Is there a faq?

Also I would like the option to output a csv file with the activity log to see how many buyins
The game organizing tool has no delete functionality right now but it will expire after two weeks. Need to do more so if you have other players added, it won't glitch out for the other players. I need to figure out the right balance between privacy (so the data doesn't last forever) and visibility for hosts/games.

Adding a CSV export makes sense for a game. Do you think it would be more useful if it synced to Google Sheets or something, instead of a manual download every game? I was thinking of that feature for sessions as well.

Giving this a shot - at first glance it might be cool/useful to have a spot to enter expenses for a given session.
I haven't really tackled this yet because I want the app to be fast and simple, but will keep it in mind.

There's a surprising amount of complexity with recording expenses. Do you record tips? How about food, gas, etc? There are other apps that allow you to track tips, expenses paid in chips and expenses paid in cash, staking, etc, but that's probably too complex for what I'm building.

The idea is to build an indispensable suite of poker tools for the enthusiast-level player that are high quality, fast, and simple, and a session tracker is one of those tools.

The game organizing tool has no delete functionality right now but it will expire after two weeks. Need to do more so if you have other players added, it won't glitch out for the other players. I need to figure out the right balance between privacy (so the data doesn't last forever) and visibility for hosts/games.

Adding a CSV export makes sense for a game. Do you think it would be more useful if it synced to Google Sheets or something, instead of a manual download every game? I was thinking of that feature for sessions as well.
I’m a data guy so csv into SQL would be cool so I can do aggregates, like attendance over time. That said a dump into google or MS online which is also free would likely be better for the population as a whole and I think if I really wanted to there is a csv out from there.

Are you storing everyone’s sessions on a centralized server? I think for privacy it would be better to have a client the client type relationship of the data locally. Are you already storing the data is JSON? A dump like that would also work for me as I can use python and matplotlib to have a bit of fun

You could also take a shortcut and provide an expiration date so the session would be able to be removed sooner without having to try and figure out delete per se

Depending on your schema, you could have a many to many relationship between a client ID and a session ID with a soft delete flag in the many to many table so that it’s not actually deleted for somebody that doesn’t want it deleted

I’m a data guy so csv into SQL would be cool so I can do aggregates, like attendance over time. That said a dump into google or MS online which is also free would likely be better for the population as a whole and I think if I really wanted to there is a csv out from there.

Are you storing everyone’s sessions on a centralized server? I think for privacy it would be better to have a client the client type relationship of the data locally. Are you already storing the data is JSON? A dump like that would also work for me as I can use python and matplotlib to have a bit of fun

You could also take a shortcut and provide an expiration date so the session would be able to be removed sooner without having to try and figure out delete per se
Yes, you can have people join via QR code and re-invite them in the future. Then they can see the current status of their buy-ins, game, etc, and click through to other people's profiles to pay each other if needed.

There's also a club feature (in beta, needs manual setup / etc so PM me) so that you can configure a list of regulars, set up a ledger and set credit limits for each player (or just yourself as the "bank"). After a game, it will settle to the ledger if possible and print out a list of transactions for people not on the ledger or if they are past their limit. From the user perspective the ledger looks just like Venmo, and they can send chips to other people within the club easily.

It's really nice so that if you're playing games on an app (like PokerNow / Pokerrr 2) you can import a CSVs, post to the same ledger as for the live game, and notify each player in-app of their settle obligation. (It'll allow you to link their PokerNow/Pokerrr 2 user ids to a user in Regroup Poker Tools)

If you want to be super fancy, since the profiles are linked to the Regroup Events app, you can even use the same list of people to invite them to live games.

So -- it's not really the technical challenge, it's more of the UX challenge and prioritization :)

If you do want a local only version, there's a web version of the organizing tools that uses browser local storage and won't hit a server. https://regroup.app/tools/poker/host

I wrote about how my group runs games in this post: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ends-here-are-our-house-rules-thoughts.98125/

So I was able to import my sessions successfully from Run Good but the hours from the cash games didn’t carry over for some reason. I think it’s because Run Good makes you put specific times for tournaments (like actual times 6:30pm - 11:45pm for example) but with cash games there is just a field that comes up asking about hours played. For some reason it is not capturing the latter data so right now I have “6 hours” played instead of several thousand.

Any suggestions?

Also, the interface is very small on my iPad. Looks like this was developed primarily for mobile phones? Will this be updated at some point?

So I was able to import my sessions successfully from Run Good but the hours from the cash games didn’t carry over for some reason. I think it’s because Run Good makes you put specific times for tournaments (like actual times 6:30pm - 11:45pm for example) but with cash games there is just a field that comes up asking about hours played. For some reason it is not capturing the latter data so right now I have “6 hours” played instead of several thousand.

Any suggestions?

Also, the interface is very small on my iPad. Looks like this was developed primarily for mobile phones? Will this be updated at some point?
I see the issue, and published an update which should fix it.

In the settings page of the session tracker, try clearing all your sessions and re-import them. Let me know if that works!

You may have to force quit the app after opening it to have the update load properly. If the import page mentions RunGood, you have the update.

And yes, I haven't tested the interface on iPad at all. I don't think I'll focus on it in the near future since there are many competing priorities, but the good thing is that you can login with the same account on both your iPad and your phone and it should sync to your phone properly.

In the settings page of the session tracker, try clearing all your sessions and re-import them. Let me know if that works!

You may have to force quit the app after opening it to have the update load properly. If the import page mentions RunGood, you have the update.

And yes, I haven't tested the interface on iPad at all. I don't think I'll focus on it in the near future since there are many competing priorities, but the good thing is that you can login with the same account on both your iPad and your phone and it should sync to your phone properly.
Thanks will try this out.

Just did it and it worked - thanks!

Less important question, is there a way to add old data manually? In my case I have a few years that before I started using Run Good where I only have the yearly totals + hours. Is there a way to just add a yearly total somehow?

Just did it and it worked - thanks!

Less important question, is there a way to add old data manually? In my case I have a few years that before I started using Run Good where I only have the yearly totals + hours. Is there a way to just add a yearly total somehow?
No problem, glad I could help!

Just add individual sessions for Jan 1st each year with your estimate of hours / etc I guess? Up to you how you want to do it. If you need to use a spreadsheet you can make a CSV manually and import it.

Update - with the release of the ChatGPT API, decided to try customizing a chatbot for inclusion in the poker tools app. Right now it can talk to you about your hands, listen to your venting, etc.

Here's a few sample conversations :D

1678141278644.png

@edwardstarcraft Is there any way in the app to make it so that people who RSVP can't see who else is coming (or how many people even)? That's my preference.

I find that with hosting poker, if people know only a few others have RSVPed it influences their decision as to whether or not they'll come.

@edwardstarcraft Is there any way in the app to make it so that people who RSVP can't see who else is coming (or how many people even)? That's my preference.

I find that with hosting poker, if people know only a few others have RSVPed it influences their decision as to whether or not they'll come.
You can hide details until someone accepts an invite, but once they accept they'll see the list!

@edwardstarcraft Did something break with the Regroup RSVP app recently? It seems like none of my invites are getting sent out when I invite people via the app. People are saying they're not receiving texts or app notifications.

@edwardstarcraft Did something break with the Regroup RSVP app recently? It seems like none of my invites are getting sent out when I invite people via the app. People are saying they're not receiving texts or app notifications.
App notifications should be working, but sometimes text notifications are unreliable because carriers will apply spam filtering to inbound text messages. In general sometimes texts with the words "poker", "cash", "crypto", "$", etc have a higher chance of being filtered. I personally use "Edward's Game" as the title for mine so there's less chance of getting filtered.

I looked at our text message error logs and it seems like some of yours might have gotten blocked. Sorry about that -- out of my hands unfortunately. Happy to DM if you want more specifics!

I've been focused on the poker tools app lately but at some point I might move the event organizing features to the poker app, and make some updates to make it less likely that texts get blocked as spam.

Should be available now! Let me know if you have any issues :)
Hey, yes I was able to install your app.

I now have to play with it and see how can i import players and history (cashgame) and maybe import my 10 years personal cash/tournament history from Poker Manager.

Will let you know how it goes. THNAKS A LOT.

Hey, yes I was able to install your app.

I now have to play with it and see how can i import players and history (cashgame) and maybe import my 10 years personal cash/tournament history from Poker Manager.

Will let you know how it goes. THNAKS A LOT.
No problem! If you send me a sample export with a few lines of data from poker manager, I'm happy to add support for importing Poker Manager files. I haven't played around with that app before!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom