Building my THC set for dual use... tourny/cash... show me stuff, offers (1 Viewer)

buffalojim

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Hello all. I wasn't sure if I should post this in the WANTED section or start here, so I started here. Title pretty much says it all. I'm building a set to be used for tournaments and cash games. Below is what I have on hand, with more on the way, and I'll add more pictures as I go, but I think I screwed up a little and have maybe too much blue in my set lol. Curious what you guys think. I like the 1's that I have. They're basically mint and feel great, edges are sharp, almost too sharp for my taste, but I'm not complaining. They're meant to be used and broken in so that will take care of itself. The Cajun 25's feel 100% perfect to me, just the perfect amount of break in that I like. The Outpost 5's are in good used shape but obviously the most worn and feel slightly awkward compared against the 1's and 25's. So, I'm looking for alternatives for the 5 and maybe I'll sell the Outpost's, or use them as partial credit in a trade or whatever.

Looking for ideas on what to replace the 5's with and maybe some offers. Gonna need a couple racks probably. I do have some Tropicana & Karl's hot stamped 25's on the way and some quarters too. Was thinking of maybe using those and building out a hot stamped set, everything is up in the air. Anyway, here's what I got so far.

Thanks for taking the time to look.
IMG_20200908_231055.jpg
IMG_20200908_231040.jpg

Most will tell you to get separate sets for cash and tourney. Main reason being security; a harmless T25 will do damage to the bank if snuck in and introduced as a $25 in your cashgame. Second reason (and this is the most compelling) is mooooaaaar chips!

I agree you may have a bit too much blue in there and also the big difference in condition might be pretty tilting, depending of level of ocd.

Perhaps Scandias could work. Should be reasonably obtainable:

scandia.jpeg

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. This Scandia's are nice, same edge spots as my 25's at the moment. You don't think the pink orangish color might then clash with the 25's?

I don't need to worry about people messing up my cash game, it's all family and friends, and nothing so serious. My friends don't even know what a Paulson chip is. These chips are for me mostly. I could hand them potato chips and they'd use those lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom