Build a custom set around this $20 (1 Viewer)

CraigT78

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I love watching design threads - so I will start one. Eventually I will pull the trigger on a custom cash set and believe me, I've spent some time in the design tool. So what I want to do - for fun - is to design a set around this $20 chip. It might be backwards, but the inlay design will come after the chip design.
WCPR_20.png

The only requirements:
Jockey mold
Level 5 and below $5
$.25/$1/$5/$100 and possibly a $500 just for the hell of it.

Here is my first pass.
Set 1.png

So what do you think? Let's see some designs, and remember the $20 is the anchor baby of this set - it cannot be changed! (Well, maybe Dayglow Yellow instead of Canary)

I love design threads too! Busy right now, but I will play around with some line ups tonight.

I love that 20 and can see why you want to keep it.

I'm not so sure about doing pink on the quarter, especially as a quarter pie. That might be a little too close to the 5. If you are going to use blue maybe do a dark/light blue think or maybe someone with light green since you aren't going to do a 25 chip.

Love all the rest as is. :)

Jockey mold is awesome. Have you had the opportunity to handle this yet?
No, but I love how it looks. I'll order samples eventually, as I also want to do a 2 table tourney hot stamp set - but right now, it's just playing around.

I don't have too much time to mess around either. My initial impression is that the frac looks out of place. I don't think its the quarter pie edge spots. I think its the colors. The rest of the chips "pop". The frac doesn't.
I love that 20 and can see why you want to keep it.

I'm not so sure about doing pink on the quarter, especially as a quarter pie. That might be a little too close to the 5. If you are going to use blue maybe do a dark/light blue think or maybe someone with light green since you aren't going to do a 25 chip.

Love all the rest as is. :)
Alright - I agree, the frac was a weak link. How's this one?
Set 2.png

Alright - I agree, the frac was a weak link. How's this one?View attachment 199890

I like those colors, you can still do the quarter pie idea, but it just seems to me if you do a quarter pie whatever two colors you pick need to contrast the rest of the set (or at least with the colors of the other chips that could appear in the same game.)

Fun game, I’ll play. I like the frac that @detroitdad picked, and since you seem to, I stuck with it.
I always have real trouble mocking up any red cpc chip that I like, so I went with the dg tiger, since it’s epic.
06951549-C615-457C-9D06-9DDCCFD95F0B.jpeg

This is great stuff. Really like some of the chips posted. I'm going to play around and combine some of my favorites later tonight when I get back on the PC.

First ever set design. Warning - I don't have a color sample, and just went off of my monitor colors. Could be dangerous. Also i blurpled your purple

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 8.15.38 PM.png

BTW the jockey mold is as close to the THC mold and feel as you will get with CPC. Truly a great and under used mold

Always fun to play with the chip tool :)

Here's my offering, I like the idea of the DG tiger fiver, tried to complement the yellowish purpley color from the $20 elsewhere. I don't know if I like the quarter yet, but I always have trouble mocking up quarters, I can never decide what color I like for a frac.

ddc92c84-4428-4b46-8b68-5fc2ebf6386c.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom