• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Bud Jones? (1 Viewer)

Cheap chips, not BJ. BG has a set of these - message him if you want a review but my memory is he said these were better than most cheapos. Can't remember whether they're slugged.

Confirming no Bud Jones. But those are one of the better cheapo plastic chips.

tapatalking ...

The ad says they aren't slugged which is the only reason I asked.
they might make a decent labeling project for the right price.

The $1 and $5 chips were marketed in 2003-2005 as "Las Vegas Pro 9g", and weigh about 9 grams. There were also several other label themes sold on the same basic chip: automobiles, dogs, etc. Denominations/colors were white $1, red $5, blue $10, green $25, black $100, purple $500, and orange $1000. Blanks were also available.

They are pretty decent for the money (9c each in the linked eBay BIN listing, and sold for around 14c-15c new originally). The chips are sort of a cross between soft plastic and current china clay material.

No metal slugs, labels are covered with a thick glossy laminate that is set into a recessed center (plenty deep for an aftermarket laminated label), and the labels remove somewhat easily for re-label jobs. I have around 2000 of these chips (which were my first 'serious' tournament set), plus another 1300 cash chips ($1 and $5) on a similar mold made of the same material..

Definitely NOT produced by BJ or B&G.

PA-LVSPREAD.jpg

Here are similar-mold blank chips, showing the recessed center area:
pa-50stk-thumb.jpg

They also produced a giant label mold version, which did not handle nearly as nice:
PA-LVPREMIERSPREAD.jpg

Last edited:
You should have asked earlier, Greg -- I threw away 2000 of these before moving to FL.

They're pretty crappy, and highly variable in image quality and base shade from one cylinder of 50 to the next.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom