Bud Jones MD-36a: a look inside a broken chip - now with FIRE! and sound! (1 Viewer)

Kensco

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Always thought of these as plastic, they're often described as a plastic/nylon composition.

I recently purchased some and one arrived broken so thought I'd share a little insight with y'all:

break1.jpg

break2.jpg

Interior appearance is less like plastic than I thought it would be. Looks more like a broken Alka-Seltzer or piece of sheet rock (though not crumbly). And, no injection marks whatsoever.

burn_1.jpg

burn_3.jpg

Sound test:

Up against Paulson house mold (2005 CDI), China clay (re-labeled Milano), Paulson THC, Ceramic (Venerati line from Sidepot - not ABC or Chipco... Sunfly??), ASM Roman mold, & China clay spirit mold.

sound_1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics! Any possibility of you breaking it down the middle to see if the composition is the same throughout?

Break stuff?! You got it (y) :thumbsup:

Halves.jpg

Must have taken a heck of a hit in transit, I needed pliers to crack it in half.

Average weight appears to be 7.32g

weight.jpg

7.3g, requires pliers to break in half, holds a flame....... three strikes and you're out. Plastic.

Absolutely plastic (y) :thumbsup:

But plastic done well. Composition gives them a good feel and the company mills off injection marks so they don't appear cheap.

I'm guessing these were dealer training chips as the Siena had Paulsons with denoms for tournaments.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom