Bud Jones CIC Condado Plaza - $1 chips? (1 Viewer)

brofessor_phd

High Hand
Reaction score
I picked up a sample set of the BJ Condado $100 chips from Apache and saw that they have 500 chip sets e.g.:
https://www.apachepokerchips.com/pr...J22sFmQze2KeDHjZR4sK9bw47CNzWr2-f8pEvUZaCZ1so

I would only consider getting these if I could find $1 chips for the set... I see pictures of gray $1 chips of this style a few places on the web but no evidence that they were ever readily available. Why are there not more $1 chips like this for sale? Were these presumably all gobbled up by collectors first or of lower quantity available to start with?

Love the Condado Plaza CICs! The $1s are white and pink. I’ll take a picture of them later. The 25 cent is ceramic, which is probably harder to find. But I don’t see myself mixing ceramic and plastics. @Tommy fairly recently sold a Condado Plaza set with $1s

Haha just saw your intro post. What financial games do you play? Might find me a way to use chips more often :)

Haha just saw your intro post. What financial games do you play? Might find me a way to use chips more often :)

18xx, Brass, Powergrid, Modern Art, etc. Modern Art in particular is incredible - it has very high strategic depth, takes about an hour, and is very easy to learn / teach... we pull it out and play with non-gamer friends all the time. Probably easier than Holdem to get to the table frequently.

Thanks I’ll check it out! I keep hearing about 18xx on this site from gamers.

image.jpg

No $1s here but great prices on
I picked up a sample set of the BJ Condado $100 chips from Apache and saw that they have 500 chip sets e.g.:
https://www.apachepokerchips.com/pr...J22sFmQze2KeDHjZR4sK9bw47CNzWr2-f8pEvUZaCZ1so

I would only consider getting these if I could find $1 chips for the set... I see pictures of gray $1 chips of this style a few places on the web but no evidence that they were ever readily available. Why are there not more $1 chips like this for sale? Were these presumably all gobbled up by collectors first or of lower quantity available to start with?
The chip exchange has the same chips for a great price. No $1 though...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200317-194544_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200317-194544_Chrome.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 130
Or you could post a want ad. That way, someone who has them and are willing to sell will contact you.

Or you could post a want ad. That way, someone who has them and are willing to sell will contact you.
That might be what I have to do if I go this route...

I'd pickup the other denoms while they are available and pickup $1a as they hit the market...
O00oooo... I wasn't aware of this... thank you!

18xx, Brass, Powergrid, Modern Art, etc. Modern Art in particular is incredible - it has very high strategic depth, takes about an hour, and is very easy to learn / teach... we pull it out and play with non-gamer friends all the time. Probably easier than Holdem to get to the table frequently.
Just started looking into these games. What kind of bank or denominations of chips do you recommend? I’m interested the stock manipulation themed games and would also try out your recommendation of modern art. Just saw a YouTube video and they were auctioning pieces for $25k. Those 1k Condado Plaza chips can get pricey :confused

Just started looking into these games. What kind of bank or denominations of chips do you recommend? I’m interested the stock manipulation themed games and would also try out your recommendation of modern art. Just saw a YouTube video and they were auctioning pieces for $25k. Those 1k Condado Plaza chips can get pricey :confused
Even for pretty poker-chip intensive games you can get buy with a ~300ish set... something like 75x$1, 75x$5, 75x$25, 50x$100, 25x$500. Modern art you could play with probably half of that. Yes - if you wanted to get a 1000 chip set for the largest stock manipulation games.... including the large denomination chips... the CIC Condado chips would get pretty pricey. But think of all the fun you'd have?

Thanks!
So far I have 150 x $500 and 50 x $1000 Condado Plazas and plenty of the lower denominations. I’ll see where that will take me...probably a search for the $5000 chips...
What’s your recommendation for the 1000 chip set?

Thanks!
So far I have 150 x $500 and 50 x $1000 Condado Plazas and plenty of the lower denominations. I’ll see where that will take me...probably a search for the $5000 chips...
What’s your recommendation for the 1000 chip set?
Oh man.... I think the standard rec is something like: 200x$1 200x$5 200x$25 200x$100 100x$500 100x$2000
Obviously what exists in the higher denominations will vary by chip... if there aren't $2000s then you'd use $1000s and $5000s

Oh man.... I think the standard rec is something like: 200x$1 200x$5 200x$25 200x$100 100x$500 100x$2000
Obviously what exists in the higher denominations will vary by chip... if there aren't $2000s then you'd use $1000s and $5000s
Awesome! Looks like I only need about 150 x $1000s or some $5000s. Thanks for your help :)

If you guys have better ideas for a 1000 chip set for something like 18xx I'm all ears...
I think at no point do you need 1000 chips for an 18xx max you really need is

rack of the following
1s
5s
20s
100s
500s

feel free to go with 2 barrels of 500s and whatever higher denominations you can find instead of the rack

I think at no point do you need 1000 chips for an 18xx max you really need is

rack of the following
1s
5s
20s
100s
500s

feel free to go with 2 barrels of 500s and whatever higher denominations you can find instead of the rack
Yes - this is why I suggested a 300 chip set (see above). You only need 1000 chips for truly insane and large games (OE, C2C, etc.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom