Bud Jones Borgata chip specifics? (1 Viewer)

RagahRagah

Flush
Reaction score
Hey all. So I'm heavily considering investing into a custom set of chips with the Bud Jones Borgata style design. I have almost no real designing skills. However, the inlay design I want is very simple and only consists of a generic background (which I have to do virtually no work with) and the only thing I want to do is change the wording to something custom and change the denominations and the text color from black to red. Seems simple enough.

Only real challenge is I do want to change the denominations a bit. Are there any mockups of the standard designs that have the denominations omitted? I realize that probably any real editing software can accomplish this but I would guess that might not be easy to do.

I figure if I could pinpoint exactly what font these chips use for both the inlay and denominations and a program that either contains that font or at least comes close then I could probably pull this off myself. At least I hope, lol.

Can anyone assist me in obtaining this knowledge? Thanks.

Attachments

• 2cbbe3c2f9e2a367b8a59ffaf7fbf1ab.jpg
    2cbbe3c2f9e2a367b8a59ffaf7fbf1ab.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
CPC (classicpokerchips) has a design tool as well as the ability to do what you are asking.
I've used that tool before and unless I am missing something or it has limited options through smartphone use I've never seen remotely close to enough options to create a copy of these chips. I've seen no font options and those stripes are nowhere to be found. Seems more designed for standard clay chip designs.

I'm also pretty set on using Sunfly but I have to provide them a design myself.

The Borg chips have a different background design on each denom. Are you planning to do that too? As far as the fonts, I believe the "Borgata" font is custom and the denom font might be ITC Benguiat Book Condensed.

I've used that tool before and unless I am missing something or it has limited options through smartphone use I've never seen remotely close to enough options to create a copy of these chips. I've seen no font options and those stripes are nowhere to be found. Seems more designed for standard clay chip designs.

I'm also pretty set on using Sunfly but I have to provide them a design myself.

I would like to tell you a story about my view, its all messed up. I decided I would do something about it. I put brand new windows in, paid a premium for the best contractor money can buy. They came out and put in the windows, they had to cut out more to make them fit. The windows were made of oak and custom tempered glass with all the latest in technology to reduce heat loss or heat passing through. Once the windows were in, I stained them a gorgeous light brown. It took me days to get it all just right, and the cleanup took about a half a day.

I would like to tell you that spending the money on the windows and the time and effort paid off and I'm a happy camper, but the truth is that ugly ass pine tree still blocks my view.

If you have expectations of using your mobile to generate artwork of any kind, you're doing it wrong to start with, can it be done, yes. should it, no.

Sunfly prefers pdf images. If you're looking to do simple mocks, you could use basic windows applications that are built in.

less than 2 minutes on the PC

1660915233762.png

I wanted to note, I can send BRPro a short summary of what I want, and maybe some example, Kristil busts it out quickly and with creative options and suggestions to help me along the way. This is actually more of a design thing. I've worked with a few designers here as well, they have all been top notch, I would encourage you to save the time and headache. Most have very reasonable rates.

The font I wanted on my customs didn't really exist, so the designer created it. I've also worked with an artist to create an image of a word, rather than try to build an entire font.

Last edited:
W
I would like to tell you a story about my view, its all messed up. I decided I would do something about it. I put brand new windows in, paid a premium for the best contractor money can buy. They came out and put in the windows, they had to cut out more to make them fit. The windows were made of oak and custom tempered glass with all the latest in technology to reduce heat loss or heat passing through. Once the windows were in, I stained them a gorgeous light brown. It took me days to get it all just right, and the cleanup took about a half a day.

I would like to tell you that spending the money on the windows and the time and effort paid off and I'm a happy camper, but the truth is that ugly ass pine tree still blocks my view.

If you have expectations of using your mobile to generate artwork of any kind, you're doing it wrong to start with, can it be done, yes. should it, no.

Sunfly prefers pdf images. If you're looking to do simple mocks, you could use basic windows applications that are built in.

less than 2 minutes on the PC

I wanted to note, I can send BRPro a short summary of what I want, and maybe some example, Kristil busts it out quickly and with creative options and suggestions to help me along the way. This is actually more of a design thing. I've worked with a few designers here as well, they have all been top notch, I would encourage you to save the time and headache. Most have very reasonable rates.

The font I wanted on my customs didn't really exist, so the designer created it. I've also worked with an artist to create an image of a word, rather than try to build an entire font.

What program(s) would you be speaking of specifically?

As far as actual designers, can you recommend someone (presumably here)?

I would think simply using the exact same font with a very generic background image wouldn't require the services of a designer even for a schmuck like me but I suppose I could be wrong.

The Borg chips have a different background design on each denom. Are you planning to do that too? As far as the fonts, I believe the "Borgata" font is custom and the denom font might be ITC Benguiat Book Condensed.
No, the background is fairly generic and my plan was to use it for each denom.

Different pros and cons, but check out Affinity designer. You can download and import fonts, most of it should just be that, and it can export as .pdf.

I think it cost 50 bucks and you'd likely get a designer to do it for that =D

Different pros and cons, but check out Affinity designer. You can download and import fonts, most of it should just be that, and it can export as .pdf.

Thanks. My only real concern is being able to mimic the exact font from the Borg chips.

I'm not totally incompetent with editing software, I used to dabble. But I would definitely hope for something relatively simple to use.

I found some decent software and have options, but as it turns out it seems just a little too tedious and time consuming for me.

Any recommendations for any designers? 50 bucks sounds worth it now, lol.

Theres a few on here but I dont know their rates. It would seem to me what you are asking for would be a quick job so shouldn't be too much.

I dont know many of them...and Id hate to suggest any one over the other, but to get you in the right direction you can contact J5 on this forum.

Last edited:
Theres a few on here but I dont know their rates. It would seem to me what you are asking for would be a quick job so shouldn't be too much.

I dont know many of them...and Id hate to suggest any one over the other, but to get you in the right direction you can contact J5 on this forum.
Is J5 a person or a company? Haven't seen it yet.

They are a known designer around the forums...I have illustrator but dont want to take business away from people who have built a small business around it ya know.
Just want someone to send me in the right direction, lol.

I didn't see a member or market forum with that name so perhaps I'm not looking in the right place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom