Brybelly Poker Table (3 Viewers)

https://www.amazon.com/10-Player-Ca...24489523&sr=8-4&keywords=brybelly+poker+table

Anyone have any experiences with this table?

My buddy is looking to buy a table and this looks to be about $200-$300 cheaper than a basic Chanman table.

We play once a month so it won't see heavy action.
My buddy has one. Not worth the cost IMO. I'd very much prefer this one that is 1/2 the price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...-0cfb-5047-9d9d-bcec47d893e9&pf_rd_i=13291621

https://www.amazon.com/10-Player-Ca...24489523&sr=8-4&keywords=brybelly+poker+table

Anyone have any experiences with this table?

My buddy is looking to buy a table and this looks to be about $200-$300 cheaper than a basic Chanman table.

We play once a month so it won't see heavy action.

A basic Chanman table will only be about $100 more. Remember his prices are in Canadian dollars. I haven’t checked the exchange rate but it is about 30% less than his listed price plus shipping charges. My 8 person basic table ended up costing me about $575 delivered.

Also agree with @CraigT78 that the table he listed is a better value. That table can be found on sale for $125-$150 at times from Wal-Mart. After Christmas last year it was down to $75 at Sam’s Club!

someone also mentioned that there is a thread on here that shows how to remove the felt on the cheap tables and put on a nice speed cloth. that could be an option.

A basic Chanman table will only be about $100 more. Remember his prices are in Canadian dollars. I haven’t checked the exchange rate but it is about 30% less than his listed price plus shipping charges. My 8 person basic table ended up costing me about $575 delivered.

Also agree with @CraigT78 that the table he listed is a better value. That table can be found on sale for $125-$150 at times from Wal-Mart. After Christmas last year it was down to $75 at Sam’s Club!

I think I did this math right:

Basic 10 player table = 650 CAD = 506.60 USD
crating fee = 45 CAD = 35.07 USD
Shipping = 200 USD

Total = 741.67

I wonder how the felt plays on the Barrington table? We aren't very crafty so a re-felting ourselves could wind up being terrible.

I think I did this math right:

Basic 10 player table = 650 CAD = 506.60 USD
crating fee = 45 CAD = 35.07 USD
Shipping = 200 USD

Total = 741.67

I wonder how the felt plays on the Barrington table? We aren't very crafty so a re-felting ourselves could wind up being terrible.

You are correct, but for a correct comparison of actual size of tables I would use a Chanman 8 person table. His 10 person table is much bigger than the table you listed.

I just checked the link in OP and Chanman listed table size for 8 person table and they are both 84”. So the table you found on Amazon is really squeezing the people in.

You are correct, but for a correct comparison of actual size of tables I would use a Chanman 8 person table. His 10 person table is much bigger than the table you listed.

I just checked the link in OP and Chanman listed table size for 8 person table and they are both 84”. So the table you found on Amazon is really squeezing the people in.
I guess I could have compared the sizes. I would prefer he buy Chanman ovbiously.. :LOL: :laugh:

If a topper is an option, I use one of these for my game. There are a couple inches of dining room table that hang out over each side, but with a decent table cloth underneath it works great. Only complaints I have are that the case is really cheap. It ripped and the zipper broke pretty quickly, and I only use it to go up and down the stairs a couple times a month. The other thing I've noticed is that after 18 months or so of use, I have to pay attention when I unfold it to get the three pieces to lay flat. If I'm not careful I can get a small bump on one of the splits.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-84-1...956954&hash=item58e5ef2e0a:g:DeAAAOSwhplaZTom

I also have one of these as my spare in case I need to go to 2 tables. It's a tight squeeze to get 8 around it, and it's obviously more bulky than the topper, but I've had no issues with it so far.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Foldable-8...976026?hash=item1ebafa2ada:g:EAYAAOSwajVUT3bH

Topper is out, neither he nor I have a table that would support what we would need.

He currently has a foldable table (even though it's at my house). He only paid $100 for it but you can tell it's a cheap table. The "felt" is horrible. Cards don't slide and the cupholders are tiny.

A game I regularly play in has one of the tables I posted above and it plays fairly well. I'd replace the felt if it were mine, but he's had it easily 6 years now and it's held up to countless poker nights. Well worth the $200 and the ease of storage cannot be beat. I want to say @v1pe has one he replaced the felt on? Could be wrong though and I suck at searching the forum.

If i'm willing to drop five hundie on a table that is already manufactured, then I dont think I would have too much trouble spending the extra $200 on a chanman. I dont think the feel or quality are going to be close, even by hand grenade standards

Did you talk to @Ben about his newest table? If I remember right, it came from the 'boro and ran less than a Chanman because shipping/crating wasn't a concern.

If you looked at the brybelly table and a chanman table in person you'd be pretty sure the chanman table is worth 3-4x what that brybelly table is worth.

That table is almost disposable.

If you are mechanically inclined, I would say build one. There are plans everywhere on the interwebs. You can fully customize, its cheaper for a nice heavy table and its fun to create things!

I have a Chanman "basic" with upgraded cloth and the comparison isn't even close. Chanman table is far and away better in every way. Eventually I'll ditch the Brybelly (probably keep it for travel) and get another Chan.

I have a Chanman "basic" with upgraded cloth and the comparison isn't even close. Chanman table is far and away better in every way. Eventually I'll ditch the Brybelly (probably keep it for travel) and get another Chan.

upgraded cloth? you did this yourself or requested it from Chan? like speed cloth?

If you are mechanically inclined, I would say build one. There are plans everywhere on the interwebs. You can fully customize, its cheaper for a nice heavy table and its fun to create things!
We aren't, and we don't have the tools required for such things.

The Brybelly table is good for what it is. I wouldn't probably spend more than $130 US on it. It's been on sale for lower.

Here's the thread that @CraigT78 mentioned

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/table-upgrade.27422/
It looks better than a $130 table. It appears to have full depth cup holders, which to me is one of the differences between cheapo tables and decent ones. It also appears to have ssc, which is a good sign. It looks like a step up to me. But for the prices, I agree, it’s a no brainer to cough up an extra hundred or two for a chanman table.

I looked at the guys site and it was cheaper to have a Chanman basic shipped than to buy local.

It's exactly $650 for a basic table which is any size you want up to 96"x48", black Whisper rail, and suited speed cloth in your choice of color. No tax or shipping. Everything top quality/Chanman-level workmanship. Cupholders in the table are extra but there's a lot to be said for slide-unders. ;)

It's exactly $650 for a basic table which is any size you want up to 96"x48", black Whisper rail, and suited speed cloth in your choice of color. No tax or shipping. Everything top quality/Chanman-level workmanship. Cupholders in the table are extra but there's a lot to be said for slide-unders. ;)

hmm.. I think when I designed one on his site I did cup holders in the rail. I will have to look into this again. Thanks Ben!

Am i missing something? i dont see a $650 basic table on Chans site,

It looks better than a $130 table. It appears to have full depth cup holders, which to me is one of the differences between cheapo tables and decent ones. It also appears to have ssc, which is a good sign. It looks like a step up to me. But for the prices, I agree, it’s a no brainer to cough up an extra hundred or two for a chanman table.

It doesn't have deeper cup holders....yet. I plan to buy some and modify it.

Normally anything in the $200-$300 range is going to be sub par construction that you will be disapointed with. But the Barrington table Craig listed is an excellent value in the $100-$125 range (don't pay more, they go on sale pretty often). I've played quite a few games on one and they are very solid tables for the price and for a little extra buy some SSC and replace the hideous flop/turn/river cloth some of them come with.

Otherwise I would recommend if you are going to go for the $400-$500 range the Chanman basic table is the best quality, you would not be disappointed with any of Tony's tables.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom