BRPRO Ceramics (1 Viewer)

prayer_mode

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi all!... very seriously considering getting a set of custom BR Pros for my cash game. I have a few questions for those who have gone this route. Obviously I will get some sample sets... but in the meantime:
  1. For those who have gotten edge-alignment on a custom chip, how did this turn out? Are you happy with the result?
  2. The small little dimple from manufacturing on the edge... how noticeable is this and does it bother you?
  3. Finally... I'm collecting examples of a few chip designs that would translate well to a ceramic chip, and this one in particular resonates with me. Do you think the example below would work well?
Cheers!

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 3.19.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 10.59.23 PM.png

You can avoid the extra cost associated with edge alignment if you make a design that does not depend on edge alignment. In my opinion, much too often people design ceramic chips to mimic clay patterns which requires edge alignment.

Manufacturing dimple to me is not very noticeable and has never bothered me.

With ceramic chips you have an unprecendented level of customization possible, including the rolling edge. It would be a shame if you just went and copied a design of an existing chip series.

You can avoid the extra cost associated with edge alignment if you make a design that does not depend on edge alignment. In my opinion, much too often people design ceramic chips to mimic clay patterns which requires edge alignment.

With ceramic chips you have an unprecendented level of customization possible, including the rolling edge. It would be a shame if you just went and copied a design of an existing chip series.

This

I have 1800 BRPRO chips and 70 plaques. I love them

PXL_20221214_171127519.jpg
PXL_20221220_000334543.jpg
PXL_20220925_112710089.jpg

Right on, thanks!

I should have clarified that I don't intend to copy this design, more to use its principles as a starting point for my own. There are several others I'm looking at as well. I also did consider making a chip that does not rely on edge-alignment, but was curious what the results are when aligned.

Cheers!

I have a few brpro 43 mm chips that I'm going to be selling. .75 per chip + shipping if you are looking for samples.

PXL_20221222_193556697.jpg

@allforcharity nailed it in the head. Create chip design that doesn’t need edge alignment. The best feature of ceramic chips is getting to use the full face however you want. Trying to make it look like a clay chip seems like a wasted opportunity. Ceramics also give you the opportunity to be creative with the rolling edge. My rolling edge creates the tree outline and says the name when 4 chips are stacked properly.

Here is my custom set.

2D63696C-439C-4287-BC13-A79A3B79BD0B.jpeg
068224EC-7D8B-4468-AF64-0864B46DFA64.jpeg

For those who have gotten edge-alignment on a custom chip, how did this turn out? Are you happy with the result?
I haven't gone with edge alignment myself, but from what I've seen on samples they aren't always perfect. Their website says:
A tolerance of up to 1mm off from centered is considered acceptable. The smaller/thinner your edge spots are, the more difficult they are to align perfectly.

So I guess it depends on your level of OCD. 1mm on a chip's edge is definitely noticable.

Last edited:

All of this.

My ceramics, made by BRPro, designed by @rjdev7

CB33A719-D517-4012-A1D7-8B497931F379.jpeg

I have both a set from BRPro (DDLMs, which I love very much), and a cards mold set. Generally, I like the quality of the BRPro chips more, and don’t mind that I paid a little more for them. But is the consensus I’m getting here based on price and room for error that if you do want to get custom edge aligned ceramics, you should go with Tina?

I’ve done both custom sets, one with and without edge alignment. They are both in my signature. I’m also in process for add ons.

People complain that there is no need for inserts on a ceramic chip, that you can be more creative. Sometimes that is true, but inserts serve a purpose, and most look better with aligned edges.

I just received 4 sample sets from BR yesterday, Golden Dragon, Bold Class, Valentino and Dropa, and the centering issue is more than likely a deal breaker to me. I'm not super picky, normally, but I felt some of them, not all, but some of them were more off than I could live with. I pulled out my Tiki Kings and looked and some of them are slightly off, but, not as noticeable. Maybe it's the graphics that make them less noticeable.

I have a set of SF Lucky Dragons that look pretty good, however, when I reached out to them last week, they told me they don't have samples. BR did tell me they have nothing to do with SF other than they are licensed to use a few of their designs. He also said that a chip of the same design will feel different from BR v SF. Wondering if SF has better quality control that BR. Pricing looks very similar.

Here's a couple of examples. Look at the side with the gold pointer compared to 180° opposite. The side where the pointer is is closer to the edge compared to the opposite side. Thus, off center.
20230216_182958.jpg
20230216_182723.jpg

Attachments

• 20230216_182806.jpg
    20230216_182806.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230216_182723.jpg
    20230216_182723.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 38
My ceramic set was purchased directly from chip co a very long time ago (similar/same as BRPROPOKER). I used this set for about 17 years. They held up great IMO. This was the first custom set I ever purchased so I didn’t really know about 43 mm chips, rolling edges or dirty stack issue (I had to reorder the $500s in white cause the orange and red created dirty stack issues).
99348617-B018-417F-BAE1-094F3CE00DD6.jpeg
DF2EB466-4593-41EF-96C9-3E41470E000A.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom