Broken Handle Fix (1 Viewer)

ktran

Flush
Reaction score
received_357474766468928.jpeg

We'll need to find a fix now lol. Maybe install wheels and expandable handle. Any ideas? There's two holes on each side of the handle attachment. Add straps to the side of the case like a duffle bag?

Update:
I managed with some rope laying around and without spending any extra cash. Setup weighs at least 30lbs so a handle replacement would probably break too unless it was a quality one. I went with double fisherman's tie for the main handle and a king cobra for handle girth/grip. I probably could have done better with the attachment to case part. It's rope so it has a little sway compared to an actual handle, but it works.

Let's see how long this last! Also let me know if you have any new ideas/products/replacement handles. I liked the original handle, but not sure how to attach it with rope or new hinges.
PXL_20220701_075907230.jpg
PXL_20220701_075949374.jpg
PXL_20220701_080155233.jpg

I could have gotten a Cabela case for $50 and it would have fit all this and a topper in it too, but I thought it was overkill at the time and wanted to keep the topper separated. The foam probably would needed a cut too.
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-wheeled-tactical-gun-case

Latest Update:
I only had to drill two additional holes to make this handle work. I took a handle off one of my luggages I wasn't using. I like the results! It seems to bear the weight!
IMG_20220903_170514.jpg

Last edited:
Any rope/knot experts? Thinking about tying it around the old handle or whatever the best approach is.

what case is it from and how many chips do you have inside?
Lol it's a gun case I found on Facebook marketplace. The brand is Camo Ridge and easily 1,200 chips. I just finished the Paracord, but I'm trying to learn how to make it a king Cobra for thicker handle.

I have updated the original post with my other discovery handle. One of my luggages had an easily removable handle.

I was about to make some hinges out of wood, but this was easier. @davislane I didn't order any handle, but found something most likely better.

Bro, you have 12 racks, plus 8 setups, plus other stuff in there. I can see storing all that stuff in there, but if you really have to transport all that stuff at once, I'd suggest holding that case with two hands and forget about the handle.

Bro, you have 12 racks, plus 8 setups, plus other stuff in there. I can see storing all that stuff in there, but if you really have to transport all that stuff at once, I'd suggest holding that case with two hands and forget about the handle.
It's just a temporary layout. I have buttons to put there instead of all the cards. I might get into plaques. I haven't determined the final layout as I didn't cut out the additional foam to set it all in yet. I don't mind carrying all of it as this new handle bears it. Buttons are coming in slowly, but surely. Not sure about plaques yet.

Also I do have two smaller cases and I don't prefer to have two separate cases.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom