Broken Bell custom felt (1 Viewer)

I'm going with velveteen. My table has a reversible in top. Currently I have blue and green SSC on the original insert. @Irish is making me a new insert. One side will be the custom felt and the other will be a red SSC.
so is the velveteen the good/slick stuff?

I'm a brand now? I like it.

Gaming suede is the felt that's the most popular and the only felt I use to dye sub prints onto. I have some printable SSC as well but haven't had a chance to try printing on it yet.

Velveteen typically has a grain, in my experience -- not the best glide in all directions. Used it once, never again. Have played on several tables that used it, didn't like any of them.

ChanMan gaming suede converted me over from a long-time suited speed cloth user. SSC glide without the surface roughness.

I decided not to do the red SSC on the other side of the insert. Instead, I will do another custom felt. :) Maybe one with no betting line.

Last edited:
So is Chanman's gaming suede the undisputed surface of choice here now? Sad I have it on none of my tables [emoji29]

So is Chanman's gaming suede the undisputed surface of choice here now? Sad I have it on none of my tables [emoji29]
Don't mess with your secondary tables. But when it becomes time to replace your main table felt, go with a custom-printed ChanMan gaming suede. I'll help you install it.

Don't mess with your secondary tables. But when it becomes time to replace your main table felt, go with a custom-printed ChanMan gaming suede. I'll help you install it.
I will take you up on that. I have no idea what to do with pulling the top off and putting it down with the shuffler to account for.

Interested in installing a plug in the shuffler cut-out when this happens? Can always mount the shuffler on a rolling side table.... which can also be sound-proofed to beat the band.

Interested in installing a plug in the shuffler cut-out when this happens? Can always mount the shuffler on a rolling side table.... which can also be sound-proofed to beat the band.
OMG yes. I would love to have it out of the table.

so is the velveteen the good/slick stuff?

I'm a brand now? I like it.

Gaming suede is the felt that's the most popular and the only felt I use to dye sub prints onto. I have some printable SSC as well but haven't had a chance to try printing on it yet.

Guess I'm going with "Gaming Suede". :)

I'm having 2nd thoughts on the betting line. The design itself kind of creates a betting line. I think less is more here.
Since I'm getting a custom felt for both sides of the insert, these two are my choices right now.

tf_bb_table_round1b.jpg
tf_bb_table_round1c.jpg

I like subtle (bottom image) -- let the chips be the stars at the show. Also agree that on a round table, your design essentially creates the betting line, so no real need for extra clutter.

Great Felts Tommy! Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Last edited:
I also like the felt that Erik at BligSlik uses. It is also called gaming suede and I'm not sure who his supplier is. Both are very good. Can't go wrong with either.

I also like the felt that Erik at BligSlik uses. It is also called gaming suede and I'm not sure who his supplier is. Both are very good. Can't go wrong with either.

My main table's cloth is from Big Slik. The only problem I have is there is very little glide on it compared to my SSC.

Ummmm....wow! Impressive, man. Just awesome.

Looking very good. Awesome table, awesome chips (times 2) , awesome chairs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom