Bridge City Custom Ceramics Mockup (1 Viewer)

I've never used Adobe Illustrator before, so this is a bit of a learning experience. Trying to make a ceramics design for a tournament set based on Portland bridges. This is a very rough draft, but I wanted to see if anyone had some basic feedback or tips for obvious oversights or errors. Edge spot styles and colors are mostly placeholders, but the primary colors are more or less want I'm going to want (given they're based on their respective bridges... mostly)

First thoughts:

Will the smaller text/lines print fine or are they too small?
Different positioned and colored numbers for different denomination; Nay/Yay?
Any recommendations for making them look less plain, or is that somewhat inevitable given my vector art choice?
I'm not crazy about the font. How do y'all search for fonts you like?
'Bridge City Poker' is a bit long. Maybe just 'Bridge City'?

And any other thoughts you might have.

EDIT: Gone through a decent number of revisions.
View attachment 1236409View attachment 1236412View attachment 1236413View attachment 1236410View attachment 1236414View attachment 1236411
one potential issue i am aware of for "thin" edge spots is that if you are having them aligned along the edge, some printers have a 1mm error tolerance for alignment with the chipface .. considering that 1/8 of an inch is 3.175mm, if you do edge spots that narrow, the edge alignment could be off by ~30%, so just food for thought regarding spot width

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom