Breakdown advice: What frac would you rather be short of? (1 Viewer)

What breakdown would you prefer?

• 220x lower frac, 60x higher frac

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 60x lower frac, 220x higher frac

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters

OfficerLovejoy

Full House
Reaction score
My single table homegame pre covid ran 5ct/10ct wich I plan to grow to 10ct/20ct as a baseline with the option to play bigger in the future.

Question nr 1:
To the more experienced PCFers who may have grown their games from 5ct/10ct: should I just skip the 5ct denom and go for a 10ct/50ct/$1/$5 breakdown or is a more classic 5ct/25ct/$1/$5 the way to go, even if a 5ct blind might never return?

If I get too much pushback from my group (which I don't expect, but it could happen) I could still do a 10ct/10ct with the 10ct/50ct[...] breakdown.

The chips I plan to relable as fracs are these day greens and canary yellows:
milled so far.jpg

Picture credit: @Josh Kifer

As you can see, I did not manage to get a full rack of canary yellows yet. My question is: assuming I could never manage to finish the rack, what frac would you rather be short of?

Question nr 2 - and basis for the poll:
Would you in a homegame of 10ct/20ct rather play a breakdown of
60x 10ct
220x 50ct
200x $1

or
220x 10ct
60x 50ct
200x $1
?

It's better to be short on your blind chip than to be short on one of your workhorses.

You'll want to be short on the lowest denomination, e.g. the blind chip. At 10c/20ct, after the blinds are posted you are likely to be seeing raises of 50c+ and therefore, there will only typically be 3 blind chips in play. If you're in a limp-heavy game YMMV but YOU should be raising :p

in the future you may want to move to .25/.25 or .25/.50

maybe for now go .10/.25 then you don't need as many nickles only need them for SB and make the otehr frac .25

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom