Bourbon. (1 Viewer)

Recent acquisitions

Talking about unicorn!!! LOL!!!

The Four Grain is delicious btw. Haven’t had the Tornado.

Btw Scott, I’m bringing a sample of the MWND to you.

Awesome!

I need the Big 3 to complete my EHT collection, but I think Sour Mash could be a pipe dream. Depending on Tax return, I may try to grab Tornado and Cured Oak.

Awesome!

I need the Big 3 to complete my EHT collection, but I think Sour Mash could be a pipe dream. Depending on Tax return, I may try to grab Tornado and Cured Oak.

I'll keep my eyes open for those. If they show up, I'll let you know.

I picked up my first bottle of 1792 last week, and I like it. It's got a spicy bite and nice complexity from the rye, but isn't overly harsh.

As I explore more American whiskeys, I'm finding that my preferences lean pretty hard toward rye whiskey and high rye bourbons.

One of my buddies pulled out his ice sphere maker from the Whiskey Ice Company at our last game. I couldn't believe the price of that thing! The only good point was that he ordered one and they sent him two.

I've recently gotten into drinking Manhattans - 1 measure Bulleit Rye, 1/2 measure sweet vermouth, a dash of bitters and lemon twist. I don't bother with the cherry.

Hmmm -- a nice sounding bourbon dinner at Bern's "Haven", in Tampa:

---------------------------
Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Dinner
Thursday, June 20 | 7-10pm | Haven

This very rare, limited edition bourbon deserves to be fed, and so do you. Chef Chad Johnson will be meticulously creating a six course tasting menu to be expertly paired with six of the world's best bourbons. Please join us for an evening of great people, mouth-watering food and amazing bourbons.

$500/person. Seating is limited."

"Limited" -- ya think? :cool

Hmmm -- a nice sounding bourbon dinner at Bern's "Haven", in Tampa:

---------------------------
Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Dinner
Thursday, June 20 | 7-10pm | Haven

This very rare, limited edition bourbon deserves to be fed, and so do you. Chef Chad Johnson will be meticulously creating a six course tasting menu to be expertly paired with six of the world's best bourbons. Please join us for an evening of great people, mouth-watering food and amazing bourbons.

$500/person. Seating is limited."

"Limited" -- ya think? :cool
Chad Ochocinco Johnson?

Or, for Father's Day, you can have your bottle of Woodford Reserve engraved:

"Woodford Reserve Father’s Day Bottle Engraving
Saturday, June 15 | 3:30-6:30pm | Bern's Fine Wines & Spirits

Father’s Day is right around the corner. If you are looking for something unique for this Father’s Day, stop in the shop on Saturday, June 15th between 3:30-6:30pm. Woodford Reserve will be available for purchase and can be engraved just for him."

After a couple of year's of sampling and reviewing, my standard Bourbons for the house are Eagle Rare, and Wild Turkey Rare Breed. Best value of what I have tried to date.
I've always thought Wild Turkey was a bottom shelf brand, and I'm not sure why. To be honest, I don't ever recall drinking it.

I've read a number of good reviews for Wild Turkey 101, so this week I picked up a bottle. My first impression is that it's a solid high rye and a great value. I'm glad to have been proven wrong.

After a couple of year's of sampling and reviewing, my standard Bourbons for the house are Eagle Rare, and Wild Turkey Rare Breed. Best value of what I have tried to date.

Good choices imo, man. Knob Creek Single Barrel is up there for me as well, for around the same price as the Rare Breed. How available is the Old Forester line in Canada? Hard to beat the 1920 for the price (although it's a bit more than Rare Breed) and their Rye (best value Rye, imo) for $20.

I've always thought Wild Turkey was a bottom shelf brand, and I'm not sure why. To be honest, I don't ever recall drinking it.

I've read a number of good reviews for Wild Turkey 101, so this week I picked up a bottle. My first impression is that it's a solid high rye and a great value. I'm glad to have been proven wrong.

Rare Breed is the cask strength version of Wild Turkey. My bottles are the 116.8 proof version, or 58.4% abv. It is the proverbial iron fist in a velvet glove.

Good choices imo, man. Knob Creek Single Barrel is up there for me as well, for around the same price as the Rare Breed. How available is the Old Forester line in Canada? Hard to beat the 1920 for the price (although it's a bit more than Rare Breed) and their Rye (best value Rye, imo) for $20.

KC!20 and the single barrel never did it for me. I find their Rye is excellent however. Knob Creek seems to be like Larceny in that you either like it or you don't . . . very little middle ground. I've had the Old Forester 1920, but still prefer both "Rares". It's kind of hit and miss in terms of availability in Ontario, but similarly priced to Rare Breed up here (iirc).

Also, with you being just across the river, you should make the drive to Windsor and pick up some the Northern Border Collection bottlings at Wiser's in Windsor. With the exchange rate, you would be pretty much ROBBING them of some excellent whiskies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom