Bourbon themed set help (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Thinking about my second set of cards mold chips. Going to go with the 39mm smooth chip.

Living in the heart of bourbon country I want to do a bourbon themed set. I’m going to have decor and furniture in my poker room/bar made from bourbon barrels and their parts.

So my question is does anyone have any suggestions on different images to use as inspiration for the chips and/or name of the chips.

What I have so far…

Images: a still, a rickhouse, bottle, barrel, rocks glasses.

Set name for chips: The Distillery, The Rickhouse, House of Bourbon, Bourbon Tavern, and a couple others that suck and don’t even deserve to be in this post.

Thanks.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cpc-small-crown-bourbon-theme.65619/post-1391898

I went with an early 20th century tax stamp/BiB theme. I tried so many different images, and really like the pot still, but ultimately didn't fit. Settled in a prohibition era bottle and barrel.

It's hard to get multiple images on the small chip face. A rickhouse was an early contender, back when the set was going to be rick house themed. But I couldn't find any good images that were more than just barnyardy.

Some of my rejected ideas/names:
  • Full Proof
  • Barrel Proof
  • Cask Strength
  • Rickhouse
  • The Cooperage
  • Heavy Char
At the end of the day, I tried to stick to terms related to the bottling process or the equipment. I really liked Rickhouse, just couldn't get the artwork to play nice.

• Full Proof
  • Barrel Proof
  • Cask Strength
  • Rickhouse
  • The Cooperage
  • Heavy Char
At the end of the day, I tried to stick to terms related to the bottling process or the equipment. I really liked Rickhouse, just couldn't get the artwork to play nice.
Some nice artwork inspo here for that idea!

You'll need some different colors in there. CORN is yellow, or you can use the plant and use that as green. RYE is tan to golden. The STILL can be copper-bronzeish in color. Barley is similar to rye, but a malt house could be RED and made of bricks. Lots of possibilities all along the bourbon farm-to-bottle chain.

• Full Proof
  • Barrel Proof
  • Cask Strength
  • Rickhouse
  • The Cooperage
  • Heavy Char
I love The Rickhouse but, like you, having a hard time finding an image to base it on that won’t just look like a barn.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cpc-small-crown-bourbon-theme.65619/post-1391898

I went with an early 20th century tax stamp/BiB theme. I tried so many different images, and really like the pot still, but ultimately didn't fit. Settled in a prohibition era bottle and barrel.

It's hard to get multiple images on the small chip face. A rickhouse was an early contender, back when the set was going to be rick house themed. But I couldn't find any good images that were more than just barnyardy.
Those are awesome. Not sure how I missed that thread.

I would love to see you incorporate the Buffalo Trace wearhouses with the alcohol eating fungus that grows up the sides on one of the chips if possible.

It looks really cool and eerie at the same time if you see pictures of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom