Bourbon Street labels in Milano chips (1 Viewer)

Milanos are one of my favorite “cheap” chips for some reason, a tiny bit of oil can help but I like the “muted” look for some reason, I like the contrast of that set next to my others that are much more colorful and bright.

That being said I would relabel every one I owned with these if they were a stock label, you did a HELL of a job dude, congrats.

I’ve had a few designs made up for me by a part time graphics guy trying to get a cool look with that style of light (gastown poker), and while he did a pretty good job your “amateur” work is a much better final product .

Again, congrats on a great set that is your own and at a very reasonable price compared to other custom options.

You're too kind, man, I appreciate the feedback! (I should note, I do work as a graphic designer as well, though this is the first chip I've designed. Fun designing within a 1-inch space, lol). It took a couple rounds of proofs to make sure the colours were exactly right, Gear Labels were very good about sending me proofs before having everything printed. Now I guess I need to figure out how to get into the stock label business, lol... o_O

ABS chips are slippery and are prone to "barrel explosions" when setting up. Most contain a metal slug that gives them a cheap metallic sound. Milanos can have stack height differences between different denominations - a barrel of 20 of one denom and a barrel of 21 of another denom can be the same height.

I'm not familiar with the "Crazy Horse" chips, but there are no chips for < $1 that don't have some sort of flaw. Buy samples and decide what you can and what you can't live with.

Ok hi again everyone... I have a huge set of MONACO MILLIONS and CASH CLUB(these have a different label on them that means nothing to me and I dislike- they were used by someone else, hence the "custom-stock" labelling). See below:

https://www.straightpokersupplies.com/poker-chips-sets.html

My question is... should I salvage this set and relabel them? I mean I always liked the feel until I joined here...

Thoughts @everyone and @roguematt

Go with your gut, dude, they’re your chips and they look nice. My only recommendation would be to get your hands on a 10 g sample set and see if it doesn’t change your mind?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom