Booked my first Vegas trip... (1 Viewer)

RudysNYC

Flush
Reaction score
So I booked my first trip to Vegas, will be there when I expect the WSOP to be taking place... June 3-7 are the dates, staying at the Flamingo.

Will be going with my girlfriend, we’d love any recommendations for gun ranges, dispensaries, and places with rich mob history. We’re going to have a car, so as long as it’s a reasonable drive it flies.

And obviously if any PCFers will be there during those dates, let’s hijack a 1/2 table one night

I recommend Essence for a dispensary; It’s on the strip and has all that you would need. I hope you all have a great trip. Hopefully the shows will be up and running by that time.

Jenn and I went for our first time in 2007, and I went again in 2009 but haven't been since then. It's weird because you're used to seeing it dark with the neon lights, but when you're there during the WSOP it stays light out until 10-11pm some nights, so it doesn't give you the same impact.

Also, the wind was not refreshing, it was like opening an oven where the hot air just blasts you in the face. And there were people all over trying to get your attention and offer you free tickets for stuff in exchange for you going to some 90-minute seminar to sell you shit.

We stayed at Harrahs on the strip which was an older property at the time, but within walking distance to lots of other properties and sights. In 2009 I stayed at the Rio and didn't like it, smelled bad and it's not convenient to anything for walking.

As far as your specific questions I can't be much help unfortunately, but was trying to give you my perspective from a first-time visitor at least. Given it's been over a decade I'm sure others will have better info for you, hope you have a fun and profitable trip!

I recommend Essence for a dispensary; It’s on the strip and has all that you would need. I hope you all have a great trip. Hopefully the shows will be up and running by that time.
Thanks friend, I appreciate that tip! And yea I hope the shows are up and running too, for some reason I’ve always wanted to see a cheesy Vegas act like Wayne Newton or Donnie and Marie so I really hope there’s a vaccine...
My favorite stop every single trip has to be the Fireside Lounge for drinks. If you find mob history interesting, you'll like this atmosphere!
I live for mob history so these two Rec’s are greatly appreciated!
As far as your specific questions I can't be much help unfortunately, but was trying to give you my perspective from a first-time visitor at least.
You’re the man! Thanks for the heads up on the lighting, that’s something I never would’ve thought of but would certainly be jarring

Since you'll have a car, head out west to Capo's. Mob themed "speakeasy" italian. RESERVATIONS required. Secret entrance. Super cool "old school" Vegas atmosphere.

http://www.caposrestaurant.com/

Giant Chicken Parm:
qEnYunE.jpg

I was going to recommend Battistas Hole in the Wall as well. Definitely hit that place up if you can.

On a side note, how are you feeling about that user name right about now? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

On a side note, how are you feeling about that user name right about now? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
At the expense of derailing this thread, the theme of my “room” has always been one of contextual contempt and anger. I’ve gone into it a few times on PCF, but even before he went cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, my motto was “Rudy was to NYC poker as Pinochet was to Communists.” There’s a reason the OG labels on my chips had a nasty cartoon of him lol
I was going to recommend Battistas Hole in the Wall as well. Definitely hit that place up if you can.
2 for Battistas means it’s a definite go

2 for Battistas means it’s a definite go
The food is awesome! It's a family run old school Italian joint with a great ambiance. It's dimly lit inside with photos everywhere and artifacts all over the walls and ceilings. It just has that old school Italian mafia feel to it. The number of legit Vegas mobster sit downs that must have occurred there over the decades are probably too numerous to count.

I'm a repeat traveller to Vegas. Been to the Mob Museum, WSOP twice, but Battista's multiple times. They are just that good.

Dig around for my trip reports. Lots of info in them over the years. I feel as if they belong in the resource section, because at least once a year, someone looks for the information they contain. Let's make it easy, Mods!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom