Bonus chips - Feedback please (1 Viewer)

RadicusScout

Flush
Reaction score
Hello! I'd like your feedback on some bonus chips I'm playing around with.

I was recently gifted a few of the brown Majestic chips and I wanted to get some usage out of them. I'm thinking of a High Hand and a Bad Beat chip. I'm also playing around with a 'Bomb Pot' chip which isn't a bonus per se but I think our group would enjoy playing with this (I just mocked it up against the ever controversial Jack $2 b/c I think the colors look pretty nice together).

Please let me know what you think. Are there other chips I should consider?

Thanks!

high2.PNG
bomb1.PNG

Thanks for the encouragement! I will definitely make these. Any other chips you think I should make for my game?

Love the idea! I’ve seen “show ‘em” chips before and think they’re pretty fun. Get to showdown and your opponent folds? Use a show ‘em chip to make them show the bluff.

For sure! And reading through my initial post, realized I wrote it kind of backwards. If you fold to an opponent, you can use your chip to make them show (or vice versa)

For sure! And reading through my initial post, realized I wrote it kind of backwards. If you fold to an opponent, you can use your chip to make them show (or vice versa)
Ha, absolutely. I can see this chip being used quite a bit with my group. I'll have to think about limiting its usage. Maybe have the player pay for the chip and it can only be used once per player per night.

Have also thought about how this would work. If you search around the forum, I think there are some threads that explain their usage a bit more.

I think it’d be fun to give people 1-2 per buy-in, and then extras can be purchased for a few dollars (probably to scale with the game size), and the money goes toward the games beer or food fund, so that everyone benefits from them.

(not sure if there are any legal issues with this)

Appreciate that. I’ll look around. I like the idea of the money going to the food/drink fund. :)

Think it really depends on your player pool and what they wanna do. Totally understand if people don’t want a ton of them in game, but at $5 per chip, that’s a lotta beer :D

Spitballing now, but could also just do it as “anyone who brings food or drinks gets a show em chip. Food and drink gets two”

Food for chips? That's an interesting idea. We usually split the cost with the group (minus the host) but I like where you're going with this. :)

I’ve definitely done tournaments before where people who bring stuff get a bit bigger starting stack, so might be be a a fun way to do something similar for cash

Be sure you understand how your players will react to this. A lot of players are strongly against these chips as they take away an important aspect of the game of poker.
Most definitely. I think we'll only use this for our wacky circus games. I'm also trying to come up with a game we can incorporate with this chip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom