Bogus $450 Smoke Smell Budget Rental Charge (2 Viewers)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Never smoked a day in my life, from searches I'm not the only one these scumbags have done this to

20220901_070821.jpg

Going to call them today, but pretty sure the card they have on file is my florida credit union that we closed since we're moving to TX

Located an email on this reservation and they list a "white chevy cruze" as my rental but I was in a Toyota Tacoma. Talking with them now.

So somehow I have an email saying I was given a white chevy cruze, but they have the tacoma in their system for what I returned. They sent me pictures of "ashes" inside the car and their report lists the smoke smell as "heavy" which is fucking laughable because:

1. I don't fucking smoke
2. If there WAS a heavy smell of smoke in the truck I would fucking notice it!

The guy tried offering me half off and I asked to speak with a manager and he said he was a supervisor and eventually he gave in and said they wouldn't charge me.

Only thing I can think is one of their employees who drives them back and forth decided to light up in the vehicle as he was moving it back and fuck me over. But given the amount of others who've gotten similar bogus charges it's possible this is a coordinated scam they run to try and pad their profits (which are already ridiculous).

I was ready to fight them in court, make them bring in their witness, make them show the history of the vehicles rental after I was done using it (I bet it went right back out on the road because they were slammed with people and barely had enough cars to meet demand), etc.

Budget charged me $200 for gas cause they said i didn't fill it up before i dropped it off. I had just spent $55 filling it up. But i didn't take pictures or save the receipt so they stuck me with it. I'll NEVER rent budget again. Enterprise has always done me right.

Budget charged me $200 for gas cause they said i didn't fill it up before i dropped it off. I had just spent $55 filling it up. But i didn't take pictures or save the receipt so they stuck me with it. I'll NEVER rent budget again. Enterprise has always done me right.

They ( not sure if it was Budget) did this to me in Colorado couple years back
I didn’t have the receipt.
But when I got home I emailed them showing the CC charge at the gas station on that day.
They refunded

I make a living auditing contracts and rental car companies are a gold mine. I’ve gotten clients MILLIONS in refunds.

Fwiw they are all shady, but enterprise is the least unethical and I’ve done more than 100 audits of this type.

Good for you for fighting it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom