Wanted Blue Paulson Sample chips (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MemphisFats

Two Pair
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I’m looking for some blue samples colours to identify these chips.
I was told these were sky blue but clearly theres a big colour difference. I don’t know if half these chips were cleaned or stored badly and that’s changed the colour or if they are actually a different colour.
I’m looking for sky blue, ice blue and day blue samples, or any other samples you think might help, to hopefully identify what I have here.
Reach out if you think you can help.
Thanks
Memphis

Attachments

• 616AC6B5-811C-47AC-935F-9F28D923D146.png
    616AC6B5-811C-47AC-935F-9F28D923D146.png
    483.6 KB · Views: 100
  • C2FEC4CB-FF1C-4334-8764-5129B63CDEAD.png
    C2FEC4CB-FF1C-4334-8764-5129B63CDEAD.png
    472.8 KB · Views: 99
You may know about this arleady, but there is a photo library under Resources on PCF. But I know photo colors can vary.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/resources/paulson-chip-color-reference.2/

I was told these were sky blue but clearly theres a big colour difference.
I have a Pauson sample color set, and also have multiple racks of paulson THC solid chips, and it can be a common occurance to be color variation that doesn't exactly match the Paulson sample color. I've seen this happen a lot on solid THC roulette or starburst chips, that may have been made in different batches years apart. There are some solid chips out there that seem to fall half-way in between two different colors, won't be a match, if they're not the same batch. Some colors may be closer than others.

It's unfortunate that chips from different batches/different years don't match exactly in color, but that sometimes is the case. I think that may be what happened here -- the closest color to both the chips above does seem to be "Sky Blue", so it's not necessarily wrong for someone to call them that. Cleaning can also fade colors, especially if the chips were very dirty to begin with. Color fading due to storage would likely be non-uniform (i.e. if sunlight is hitting and fading chips over time that are sitting exposed on racks on a shelf, it would tend to happen on one side of the chip.)

I also have some photos I saved on my computer from somewhere (can't remember if it was here on PCF, an eBay auction, or somewhere else), where someone with multiple color sample sets had side by side photos, and for many colors, there were differences in color between different sample sets. I snipped the Sky Blue, Ice Blue, and Day Blue below. The sample of Sky Blue on the left is different from the one on the right.

1643498708638.png
1643499148475.png
1643499569524.png

I am convinced that there is at least one of a few things going on here. Chips can fade for a variety of reasons mostly depending on how they have been used/stored and also I think that some of the paulson colors may not be exactly the same as they once were. In addition to that I have seen with my own eyes that sometimes the same Paulson color sample chips is a slightly different color indicating that they don't get the exact shade totally the same every batch. In any case I can't see those being day blue as that color is much darker as are all the other blues except maybe ice blue or sky blue. Here are most of the blues (all of the ones I have) and a few common Day Blue and Sky blue chips I just happened to have. I might have an ice blue chip somewhere, but without digging deeper I don't know for sure;

I am hoping half are sky blue and the other half are ice blue. At least that way I can try and sell each half individually. If they are different shades of the same sky blue, which I know is most likely, no one will want them as the difference is so great it looks like dirty stacks.
Here’s a picture of the different shades next to old Riviera and Bills chips.
Thanks for your input everyone
Memphis

Attachments

• 4BE859F7-25B3-4153-9F7B-3F65C8D2F73F.png
    4BE859F7-25B3-4153-9F7B-3F65C8D2F73F.png
    385.9 KB · Views: 65
My guess is those are all sky blue and either come from a different batch or were stored differently or maybe a combo of both. The ice blue has more gray in it and seems further away rather than closer to what you have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom