An Evening at Blades (1 Viewer)

Phantom

Full House
Reaction score
Welcome to Blades.

Ian Fleming wrote of Blades in Moonraker, where he recounts the adventures of James Bond playing Drax in a high stakes game of bridge at the club. It is believed that the club originated in 1776.

Over the years many have played here and the story continues ...

whites-interior-main-game.jpg

001.JPG

----------------------
First game back tonight - getting ready to put the V.3 chips in play. Hope to get a regular game going again with my crew and will post pics in this thread along the way.

A few new people tonight so will brush up with NLHE for starters @ 25p/50p (5p ante just because). Then some PL games @ 25p/50p (5p ante just because);

- Rapier (You know it as 'Pineapple');
- Omaha; and
- Sabre (You know it as 'Scrotum').

Adam Pics more (30) 008.JPG
Adam Pics more (30) 009.JPG
Adam Pics more (30) 010.JPG
Adam Pics more (30) 011.JPG
Adam Pics more (30) 012.JPG

Last edited:
First game back tonight - getting ready to put the V.3 chips in play. Hope to get a regular game going again with my crew and will post pics in this thread along the way.

A few new people tonight so will brush up with NLHE for starters @ 25p/50p (5p ante just because). Then some PL games @ 25p/50p (5p ante just because);

- Rapier (You know it as 'Pineapple');
- Omaha; and
- Sabre (You know it as 'Scrotum').

View attachment 192330View attachment 192332View attachment 192333View attachment 192334View attachment 192335
That doesn’t look like your tux hanging out to dry. Surely James Bond doesn’t wear civilian clothes :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:.

Nice set up though, hope it goes well.

That doesn’t look like your tux hanging out to dry. Surely James Bond doesn’t wear civilian clothes :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:.

Nice set up though, hope it goes well.
Haha, its a, er, a front. Yes that's it, a convincing cover story :).

Thanks mate.

Wow great setup! So is that a piece that is not meant to be moved, it looks pretty heavy?
Also is that a two level chip rack? How many does each row hold? It looks like 50, but would that mean you can store 850 + plaques?

Thanks mate. Made of pine, two-tier, pretty heavy fully loaded. Could store 50, but would be snug, usually 40-45

Had a few games since, but forgot to take pics. Had a game last night. Some new peeps and only 5-handed so played 25c/25c with a 5c ante (just because ;)). I bought in for $40 (another for $40, $35 and two for $25).

Played mostly NLHE and PLO. A bit of PL Sabre (you know as Scrotum) later in the evening. Was in a few 'big' pots and booked a win and cashed out at $70. Really got hit with the deck, but was 'sociable' and didn't go after the other stacks. Next time though ...

Adam Pics more (54) 006.JPG

Adam Pics more (54) 005.JPG
Adam Pics more (54) 007.JPG
Adam Pics more (54) 008.JPG
Adam Pics more (54) 011.JPG

@Phantom Are those ARIA chips relabeled? Or are they customs made to look exactly like the ARIA set? Either way they are awesome!!

Also nice to see a game played in GBP!

I’d imagine he’d have some issues with chips walking off if they were relabeled $5000s

And now i feel stupid. Especially the 25k and 100ks!. However, I dunno how he might have got his hands on some so similar!

And now i feel stupid. Especially the 25k and 100ks!. However, I dunno how he might have got his hands on some so similar!
Don't feel stupid mate, glad you think they could pass (however fleetingly) as ARIA chips. They are custom made CPC chips designed to look like the ARIA. I really like the colour combos and design.

Don't feel stupid mate, glad you think they could pass (however fleetingly) as ARIA chips. They are custom made CPC chips designed to look like the ARIA. I really like the colour combos and design.

Awesome stuff. Gotta day is have started at the $25 and skipped the $100k but damn are they pretty!

Another game at Blades. Played 25p/25p NLHE, PLO and Sabre (aka Scrotum). A good action game (relatively), with some big betting and big pots. In for $40, out for $61 :).

A big pot to me :)

My stack full of lovely 'flags'

Not in the hand, but nut flush falls to a full house in Sabre.

Well, I do like them, was just toying with another idea. But, when you see them in pots and looking great in your stack :), I think I have the right set for me. :)
They’re beautiful. Definitely would regret losing them if I were you. Keep them close to you!!! Never let them go!!!!
(Imagine a very dramatic performance here.)

Cash game at Blades tonight with the HSI chips. Looking forward to getting some labels from Gear for the Santa Ysabels.

Making his Blades debut tonight is: @Señor Tony

Blades Cash Game Poster (20201114).png

001.JPG

002.JPG

Last edited:
A tremendous night and awesome to have @Señor Tony . Can't believe it took this long, but it was great to finally meet you properly. Booking a nice little win helped as well :). I managed to have a good night with some big pots coming my way, but what a night for full houses. And some of those were over other full houses. Ouch. In for $25, out for $85. :)

And, the HSI chips coupled with the SY was a great match.

IMG_1683.JPG

Blades is open this Saturday, but due to the time of the year, numbers are down. I thought it might be the time to introduce some Limit poker and see if they like it, so I can justify a Limit set.
We will play Omaha to kick things off so they get used to the betting style (50c/$1), then into 'Sabre' (you know it as Scrotum) and then some 'Scimitar' (you know as SOHE). Famous styles of 'blades', get it.
I like to have a bit of fun with my crew (they probably think it is a wank), but I have a FB group and use the Blades Chairman (Basildon) to announce things and provide tips and pointers. Basildon is introducing Limit to the crew with the help of @abby99 cards :) in a segment called, "If you have a moment ...?".
He then gives a run down on the games and betting structure (see below).

If you have a moment.png

"If you have a moment ...?" with Basildon (Chairman of Blades).

"What is 'Limit' poker?"

We enjoy playing 'No Limit' Hold'em and 'Pot Limit' Omaha - each with their own skills and considerations. These 'betting structures' suit the game style, but other poker games can have a higher 'variance' and do not play well at those stakes. "All in!" or "Pot!" can mean your whole stack can be at risk.
Games like 'Sabre' (five cards) and 'Scimitar' (six cards) are a similar style to the usual 'flop' games we play and play well with a Limit betting structure (see attached game information cards). These games are new, fun and exciting and Limit ensures that the risks are reduced by capping the amounts for each round of betting.

HOW IT WORKS

We will use Omaha as an example (see attached) as it can be played Limit (all poker can be, you just don't, especially Hold'em). Like Hold'em, Sabre and Scimitar, there are four (4) rounds of betting: Pre-flop, flop, then turn, and river.
Limit uses the terms 'small bet - SB' and 'big bet - BB' - with bets in increments of the SB for the first two (2) rounds and increments of the BB for the next two (2) rounds. Raises are capped at three (3) per round.
For eg. at stakes of 50c/$1, you can only bet in increments of 50c pre-flop and on the flop, up to a capped bet of $2.00 respectively (1 bet plus 3 raises). On the turn and river the betting increments are $1.00 up to a capped bet of $4.00 respectively.
Pre-flop eg. - Player A bets 50c (calling the Big Blind). Player B can only raise another 50c to $1.00. Player C can re-raise to $1.50 and Player D can cap the betting by raising another 50c to $2.00. Player E cannot raise and can only call the $2.00.
This will allow us to learn and play Sabre and Scimitar without an early night. Some of us have played them before and they are great games to add to the proceedings.
The other really fun thing is that we get heaps of chips to throw around and drive the action. Limit betting structure is a 2 chip/4chip structure, which means you generally start with at least 100 chips (or more) of the same value to make the bets (25c at Blades). A SB is two (2) chips, and a BB is four (4) chips. Just the way it is.

BUY-INS

A general rule for an initial Limit buy-in is 25 BB (big bets), so at 50c/$1.00, that would be $25.00. So, the amounts we play for are identical. A single re-buy of $25.00 is permitted as per usual.
Good luck at the tables.

B

Sabre (FL).png
Scimitar (FL).png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom